550-600hp

My goal is 550-600hp but with keeping a daily driveable vehicle. It is is an 05 Silvarado SS. My original thoughts are going with a twin turbo set up.

First question.... Where can you find twin turbo kits and second.... what drivetrain, transmission and lower end modifications are needed to support the goal horsepower.

-Matt

My goal is 550-600hp but with keeping a daily driveable vehicle. It is is an 05 Silvarado SS. My original thoughts are going with a twin turbo set up.

First question.... Where can you find twin turbo kits and second.... what drivetrain, transmission and lower end modifications are needed to support the goal horsepower.

-Matt

I assume that's 550-600hp to the ground. Is that correct? It's going to take a lot of cash to get that much hp to the wheels. you'll need a fully built trans, beef up the drivetrain and a lot more.

I'd look into a Rossler or FLT transmission for that power level. If turbo is what you want, go with a tested system like the Trick Turbo kit or have one custom made from Baker Engineering. Twins are a waste of money at that power level and will be nothing but alot of work.

Yes I am looking to the wheels 550-600. With a good head/cam set up and a supercharger, is it realistic to get this kind of power out of this 6.0L engine? The main reason I was looking originally at a twin set up is to reduce the amount of the traditional "turbo lag" given with one larger turbo. But if I can reach my goal with a h/c & superharger set up, that will give me the larger power band increase that I want.

Matt

Yes I am looking to the wheels 550-600. With a good head/cam set up and a supercharger, is it realistic to get this kind of power out of this 6.0L engine? The main reason I was looking originally at a twin set up is to reduce the amount of the traditional "turbo lag" given with one larger turbo. But if I can reach my goal with a h/c & superharger set up, that will give me the larger power band increase that I want.

Matt

I run a turbo its an 88mm and with the stall i have i can build 8psi before i ever leave the line i dont have turbo lag. it just really hurts the tranny doing it even if it is built.