:withstupid: i don't know why so many of you guys are afraid to have your front diffs rebuilt. they are extremely simple to remove and any knowlegeable drivetrain shop could have one built in a morning. 6 bearings total, 2 lock tabs, and 3 seals, parts from GM are under 200 bucks. the problem with these diffs is that the lock tabs for the preload and backlash adjusters break causing the adjuster to back off, resulting in chewed up bearings and races, easily repairable. the electrical connector in the diff pictured is for the actuator, and absolutely will not work in an SS.

:withstupid: i don't know why so many of you guys are afraid to have your front diffs rebuilt. they are extremely simple to remove and any knowlegeable drivetrain shop could have one built in a morning. 6 bearings total, 2 lock tabs, and 3 seals, parts from GM are under 200 bucks. the problem with these diffs is that the lock tabs for the preload and backlash adjusters break causing the adjuster to back off, resulting in chewed up bearings and races, easily repairable. the electrical connector in the diff pictured is for the actuator, and absolutely will not work in an SS.

wow, that's nice to know. Thanks.

Well I just put the new one in yesterday.....i actually got a brand new one for around 900 bucks so it is no longer grinding which is great, not sure where the guy found a new one for that price but i was pretty happy with that price

• 3 months later...
Well I just put the new one in yesterday.....i actually got a brand new one for around 900 bucks so it is no longer grinding which is great, not sure where the guy found a new one for that price but i was pretty happy with that price

I know this is an old thread but I have been told by two different dealers that new ones are gone and not being made anymore. Would you happen to have a part number or a location where this one was found. I desperately need one! Thanks.