Transmission Problems

alright so about a month ago i had to have my trans rebuilt. I had them install a shift kit high energy clutch and stall plates, HD reaction shell and sprags and billet 2nd gear servos. yesterday i could tell something wasnt right with the trans when i was leaving the house, i rode around for a while and it seemed to go away well i got down on it one time and it seemed liked it shifted from 1st to 2nd then kinda slipped going into 3rd and would never shift into fourth. Could the higher shift pressures and shift quickness from the custom tune combined with the new trans with shift kit cause this problem

i didnt get a stall converter put in the trans when i had it built because the three companies he buys from would not warrany the converters so he could not warranty the tranny so this time i gonna go ahead and get a yank truck thruster 3200 because he said he could warranty that

go pi vigilante triple disk 10.5.......i got one in my truck and wow this converter is bad a$$

:withstupid: If you go FI later the TT2600 might go BOOOM!! We've got a few on here who have had this happen. The TBTC is a also a good conveter for about $150. You won't be able to tow as much though as the tow rating drops to like 4200 lbs. So I would suggest the high line Yank or PI.

:withstupid: If you go FI later the TT2600 might go BOOOM!! We've got a few on here who have had this happen. The TBTC is a also a good conveter for about $150. You won't be able to tow as much though as the tow rating drops to like 4200 lbs. So I would suggest the high line Yank or PI.

Mine TT2600 went bye bye and dave at Yank was a real tool about it..My .02 go with TCS..they are bad arse

With a shift kit your line pressures should be at stock levels........also, with a built transmission most of your trans parameters should be stock.......

holy hell in a hand bag, Tearing into the tranny soon, almost was setting up to do this :shakehead:

Glad I read this :closedeyes:

• 2 weeks later...