Talegator electric hard tonneau cover lift kit

I CORNER

Since the Gaylord X2000 does not come with an electric lock mechanism, I was wondering if anyone has tried this cover opener. It has an option for a cable operated emergency access to pull a clevis pin, if the motor dies.

http://www.talegator.com/

The only thing that I don't like is that it takes up from front bed space in the center. It also indicates that it is for use on front piano hinge type mounts. Of course the X2000 uses scizzor hinges. There is supposedly an option that works with none-piano hinge setups. There is also a tailgate electric lift, that does nothing for me.

Rick R

• 7 months later...

I received the same information from my dealer today.

I was thinking to have an automated process for opening / closing the tonneau cover.

A friend of mine suggested to use an air-boosted system, don't know it that's the correct term.

Do any of you guys ever tried / builded / seen a sollution for this matter?

thanks

Pascal

Autoloc.com I bought the tonno2 kit, the motors go on the

sides and they look pretty compact and strong, i have yet to get

the tonno cover but I am looking in advance. If you are interested in

this tonno2 kit I can get a little bit of a deal on them.

Man, I have had the Gaylord X2000 for 10 months now. It looks great :cool: , but I am really tired of the 2 circular locks. It takes about 20 seconds per circular lock to get the key to engage and unlock the cover. :banghead: I use both hands to keep from scratching the paint, since the locks face down. 40 seconds to open the tailgate in heavy rain is a looooooong time when both hands are not free. :mad: I would pay good money for a system that works, is reliable and has a failsafe.

I can't seem to find any price or design info on the autolock.com website.

If I had known about the SnugTopXL with an electric lock that releases and the tonneau cover pops up, that is what I would have bought. :tear: Both tops fit over the SSS tailgate cap.

Rick R

Archived