Hey guys I have a Vmax with the 4L70 in it. Plans for it include CAI, exhaust, and a tune for sure and that is probably it engine related. Anyway, I was wondering what your thoughts are on a shift kit and vette style servo. I put an HD2 kit in my old 5.3 and the shifts were pretty harsh, not sure it is what I am looking for. I really don't care about the harsh racing shifts, I just want to make sure my tranny doesn't go out from removing the TM. Would there be any benefit from doing just the servo? (the servo is easy and i'm not sure I feel like pulling apart the valve body again it was kind of a pain in the ass)

Not sure if you saw my reply, but I thought I would also add that the servo will aid in holding power and shifts but the shift kit is also a good idea. Again dont remove all the TM or you are asking for trouble.

I did see it and thank you. I know that I should be putting a SK in, but I guess I was just hoping someone would tell me that I didn't have to. I know that i've already done it once, but it makes me kind of nervous ripping into the transmission like that. Plus, like I said in the initial post I really don't want to have a harsh shift unless i'm 3/4-WOT. I kinda like the soft shift when I'm just cruising around. Anyway thanks again, you probably just talked me into doing it. How does Zippy's kit compare to the superior and the HD2?

I did see it and thank you. I know that I should be putting a SK in, but I guess I was just hoping someone would tell me that I didn't have to. I know that i've already done it once, but it makes me kind of nervous ripping into the transmission like that. Plus, like I said in the initial post I really don't want to have a harsh shift unless i'm 3/4-WOT. I kinda like the soft shift when I'm just cruising around. Anyway thanks again, you probably just talked me into doing it. How does Zippy's kit compare to the superior and the HD2?

PM Sent

My kit uses the Superior Products recalibration kit, Sonnax boost valve, and servo's. For what you're doing you'll want to get a Corvette servo and a Superior Products billet 4th gear servo. That will give you a very mild and quick shift around town with a nice firm shift at wide open. That is as long as the programming is correct.