Spring Special ?

cre8vtung

Haven't posted in a while but saw a new model today. One of the guys I work with brought a truck up for us to see while the dealer locates the one he wants. This truck is a Silverado 1500 that sits as low or lower (he was parked a couple rows away from my SSS) than I do and I'm 1 1/2 inches lower than stock due to my winter tires. The truck had classic SS stripes and a cowl hood. Dual side exhaust dumping in front of the right rear tire but he said the dealer was looking for a rear outlet model (choice?). Crome 20' wheels with Eagle skins. Didn't get to see too much on the manifest except it has a 5.7 engine and the extra package cost over $6,000. and the whole package was $34,4 and change MSRP. Real nice looking and and sounding truck.

Turns out it is GMC's answer to the SS. It's a Reg Cab 2 wheel drive 5.7L with a package. Package is looks and sound only from what he said today but those are real nice. It has 18" wheels that come standard in colors and optional Chrome. Exhaust is nice with dual outlet's in front of the right rear tire or out the back. Outlet's are rectangle about 2x6 inches. Cowl hood with wide Classic SS stripes is nice enough I might sell my ram air and pick one up if they swap. My friend's wife told him it was a toy for big kids when she saw it but was gone for over an hour the first time she wanted to just take it around the block. He had it on a 24 hr take home deal they have now. Claimed it ran real nice and he kept burning the tires when he would take off. Like I said before for $34,and change MSRP it's a nice truck.

Yeah OK, April fool's was over a week ago buddy! give it upu. We had enough. :lol:

Are you serious? tell us more please :D

Ha Ha! yeah when I was writing my response I scrolled down to the bottom real quick to check the original post date. The 5.7L is what confuses me the most.

I think the dual outlets out the right side in front of the tire gives the what is this package away. Also the cowl hood gives it away to me. SS stripes on a GMC come on GM hasn't used classic SS strips in forever let only on a GMC. SS is CHEVY always was and most likely always will be. I would rather see a copy of the window sticker a picture of the truck. Though it sounds like a cool truck.

This is a dealer package it has to be.

Jeff

Archived