Gm Is Fixing The Front End Growl, Read This

To all of you guys with the famous front end growl/grind. If you are under warranty, just keep bitching. The GM engineer told my dealer to order a new front diff from GM after failed attempts at just replacing parts. The dealer called today, and said the GM front diff is discontinued, so they ordered me a complete front diff from Jasper, which I have wanted all along. I hope problem solved, since my truck has been in the shop for almost two months. :thumbs:

To all of you guys with the famous front end growl/grind. If you are under warranty, just keep bitching. The GM engineer told my dealer to order a new front diff from GM after failed attempts at just replacing parts. The dealer called today, and said the GM front diff is discontinued, so they ordered me a complete front diff from Jasper, which I have wanted all along. I hope problem solved, since my truck has been in the shop for almost two months. :thumbs:

what about a loud squeal like a belt slipping if I am hard on the gas when it shifts from first to second it sounds like my belt squeals and I have had a new belt put on and also tried to use belt dressing for serpentine belts and still squeals

my gauge cluster started screwing up two weeks before the trees fell on my truck.. at 90 mph it says i'm turning 1500 rpms hahaha

and sometimes when im going 25mph it says im going 60 and vice versa..

That's common for 03' and 04's in the cold weather. Depending on your milage it's likely under the new special policy warrenty which extended the warrenty on that. It's something like 7/70 or so.

That Jasper isn't going to be much better than the GM one with new parts in it. Back in Michigan there were local shops that tried that to fix the noisey front diff's in the AWD trucks.

Did they ever get it fixed, or find the problem?