What Should I Do?

Fireman31

What should I do?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Pick up a daily driver or keep modding the SS?

• Mild street cam so that the SS can still be a decent daily driver
    • Pull the trigger on an L92 setup
    • Pick up a reliable daily driver so I can build my motor up over time the right way
    • Leave the SS alone for the time being

you should be able to find a rust bucket beater on the island there for cheap :D . here people want 5-6k for a 10-15 year old Honda :crazy: so i picked up a 08 Chevy Aveo LT for $13k getting 38 mpg :thumbs: cheaper than driving the SS. but mod at your pace with a DD and do it right the first time..

good luck

:seeya:

You paid 13K for an Aveo? :crazy: We just sold a clean one owner '05 with 65K on the clock for $3500. :lol:

Dan, do it at your own pace and get a DD. Plus you will keep all of those extra miles off the SSS in the long run.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a daily driver first. Found you one on Ebay. Item number: 110347783703. $6900.00.

Typhoon. That way when you get finished with the SS you can mess with the typhoon. Wouldn't that be something. Walk outside, decide which vehicle you want to use to wax someones a#$. lol :P It's got a about an hour left on the bidding before it ends.

I voted for lwave the ss alone!!!! You never know how hard times may become with this crazy financial bind this country is in!!!!!

SAVE YALL MONEY JUST my .02!!! Truck still looks good DAN!!!

Edited by Chevyman03SS (see edit history)

I voted for lwave the ss alone!!!! You never know how hard times may become with this crazy financial bind this country is in!!!!!

yeah i see what your saying. but at the same point i look at it this way we need more money put back into the system and also i came in this world with no money. i can sure leave with none also. just my .02

I go with a cheap DD. I got mine for around $2,800. It only had 52K miles and gets 26 mpg or so and it has payed for itself in a lower gas bill. I drive the car a lot to get my daughter from daycare(50 mile round trip) and weekend trips to see my family. I'm putting less miles on the SS and I have more fun when I drive her. A blower does help that though :jester:

Get a cheap DD. Then take your time on building the SSS. Do it right the first time that way you won't have to go back and fix crap that was done on the cheap. I am waiting for my son to outgrow his S-10 SS and then that will be my DD. Then I can work on the SSS and keep the miles off and fix up the S-10 for fun stuff.

Get a daily driver first. Found you one on Ebay. Item number: 110347783703. $6900.00.

Typhoon. That way when you get finished with the SS you can mess with the typhoon. Wouldn't that be something. Walk outside, decide which vehicle you want to use to wax someones a#$. lol :P It's got a about an hour left on the bidding before it ends.

I had a 92 Typhoon AND my SSS at one point. The Typhoon, while an awesome ride, is NOT a DD by any means. Parts are few and far between which makes the high mileage ones worth more in the junk yard than on the street. They are temperamental and being 17 years old with scarce parts, maintenance is costly. The reason I sold it was I only liked taking it out on nice days which only made for two trucks I could enjoy in fair weather.

I buy my beater cars for transportation only an put as little money in them as possible. If it gets scratched or dented, I don't care...in fact it is piece of mind knowing that the car is "disposable".

I do miss my Typhoon alot and really regret selling it...

I have to disagree this is the resaon our economy is not getting better no one is spending!

Dan i voted get the DD and slowly do your truck!

Don't be too proud to buy a true beater for less than $1500. There are many GOOD cars for cheap with little miles on the clock.

Cheap beater / commuter and get that l92 assembly! :uhoh::chevy:

:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid:

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

The verdict..........

I have been thinking about this alot over the past few days, and I have finally made up my mind. I am putting off getting a daily driver until the end of the summer. While an L92 setup is in my future, it isn't going to happen any time soon, nor will a street cam. Since spring is just around the corner along with nice weather(finally), I plan to drive the SS daily for the time being. However, I do plan to do some minor mods to the SS.......ASP underdrive pulleys, 44# Delphi injectors, TBSS intake manifold swap, and a 90mm LS2 TB w/X link. I also ordered new Bilstein shocks over the weekend.

I want to see how much more I can squeeze out of the stock LQ9 long block while staying NA. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)