Sweet Intercooler Tank Finally!

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got around to putting my new surge tank in. You will have to excuse my truck. It has been a HARD winter and I have been a little sore lately due to an ATV mishap. Any how, the unexpected part was getting the hoses rerouted fom the the radix proved to be a pain. The fitting are impossible to get to and then they did not want to turn without alot of persausion. After that all went well. I wish I would of got some before pics, this really cleans it up under the hood.

Here is the tank in place. The fender brace has to be removed to fill, but that is no big deal.

p1030512.jpg

Here is the brace off and the fittings

p1030503.jpg

Here is the location of the old tank I added a new fuse block cover and cleaned up the wires a little

p1030508.jpg

I moved the pump up to this plate. I think it will help keep it clean and cool and hopefully extend its life.

p1030502.jpg

Here is the filter installed

p1030510l.jpg

Here is a shot of the intercooler routing. I reused my heater hose bracket

p1030501k.jpg

Here is my H2 intercooler, I have been contemplating a new one but I am proud of my brackets and this one is pretty robust.

p1030500p.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
looks good, but isn't that bleeder supposed to be the high point of the system?

Ehh really do not need a bleeder now. The tank is now the high point of the system. I put that cap there to allow me to empty the heat exchanger when and if it needs to come off.

• 4 months later...