Re-tune 4 Cut-outs?

KaOs5582

do a search but i didn't when I ran mine. I opened them up on the track truck still was punchy. What kind are you running??? Also its really all about the sound not really to go fast..

Iv seen where people have pick up extra HP on a dyno with cutouts open.

Iv seen where people have pick up extra HP on a dyno with cutouts open.

hm. interesting.

no a re-tune is not needed. i don't think a tune would have any affect on the addition of cutouts anyway. plus i don't see the point, since there is obviously an open and closed position, then there would need to be two tunes if the gain was significant enough.

also my theory on the "lag" you may be feeling, is the sound-to-speed ratio. so even though there may be no actual difference in 0-60, the noise produced does not match the lower speed. in other words you think you should be going faster than you actually are.

hm. interesting.

no a re-tune is not needed. i don't think a tune would have any affect on the addition of cutouts anyway. plus i don't see the point, since there is obviously an open and closed position, then there would need to be two tunes if the gain was significant enough.

also my theory on the "lag" you may be feeling, is the sound-to-speed ratio. so even though there may be no actual difference in 0-60, the noise produced does not match the lower speed. in other words you think you should be going faster than you actually are.

You could be right, its is hella loud, Cut-outs r right b 4 da mufflers on passenger side now. Maybe I just need too stall up some then press it who knows I have 2 Mess around w/it see how everything goes especially w/da new cam. :cheers:

I was reading the other day about a guy at LS1tech dynoing with his cutouts open and closed and gained right around 10hp and 10ftlb across the board with them open. I also saw another guy chime in saying he had a single cutout after the Y and gained even more on the dyno.

• 3 weeks later...
I was reading the other day about a guy at LS1tech dynoing with his cutouts open and closed and gained right around 10hp and 10ftlb across the board with them open. I also saw another guy chime in saying he had a single cutout after the Y and gained even more on the dyno.

Well We Dynoed my truck as soon as da CAM was installed, we lost 8HP w/them open. Not enuff pressure pushin, now all I can say is im ready when the Blower gets put on, LOL :cheers:

Edited by KaOs5582 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Im running dual QTP cutouts (from SummitRacing) on my SS but I'll tell you this... I had a supercharged Z28 that I had a single QTP on and after final tune we did two last runs on the dyno. With the cutout open it made 17 more horsepower and 11 more Ft/Lbs of torque. The gain you'll yield will mostly matter on how restrictive your exhaust system is. :chevy:

Edited by ANGRY6LITER (see edit history)