Headers

I was thinking about putting some headers on my SS soon. I was looking at headers from JBA, SLP, and Borla. What do you guys think? Or is there a better one to go with? Also does installing headers void your factory GM warranty? Thanks, Josh

I run the AS&M's. There are more of a longtube style than shorties and seem to make good power and are well built. The only downside so far has been that they are blowing out collector gaskets and I am going to put in some copper ones on thursday to get it to stop blowing them out.

I haven't had any experience with others, but the Other Guys headers (TOG's) are supposed to be nice as well

I would not do shorties. Either get the long tubes (various), or mid length (TOGs).

Bryan - I had the same issue with those gaskets. Blew mine after about 500 miles. Noticed it really bad after doing 120, or so, down the freeway. Put coppers in and haven't had any trouble since. Good thing they are reuseable also. Been off a few times since.

I like my AZ speeds.....sounds better, but with every mod I have done so far....I really have not felt much if any difference. Maybe coming form a rear drive sports car that I judged horsepower gains by the amount of wheelspin has something to do with it.

Archived