what S/C would give you the best power?

Check out the top quarter mile times on the track times list. Ive pulley a 13.2 with my stock pulley on the Vortech. I just recently installed a 3.1 pulley and some other mods and I cant wait to see if im in the 12's now.

Not many Radix guys have been to the track for this site. Both systems are 12 sec capable. Very easy to get to a certain point, but once you reach it, it's very small gains with each mod. Power potential would have to go to the ATI system, but requires you to get it there. The two systems you mention come complete.

If I had to do all over again, I'd be getting a turbo. The turbo will have these trucks in the 12s with very little else, I think. Add that to some ported heads to lower compression and up the boost, and you would be really smokin'. I think the first guy to get a turbo for his SS, and is not scared to keep bumping it a notch, will top the 1/4 mile list, IMO. On the stock motor, of course. Time will tell.

I have a Radix. The best bolt on I have ever purchased, well worth the $$$$$..... :thumbs:

Ben, my experience with Turbo systems. (Typhoon and 89’ Turbo TA)

-It’s very hard on a transmission.

-A lot of heat in that turbo (Bearings fail).

-It needs to ramps up, not available when you hit it!

But on the positive side, when it hits hold on!

I have a Radix. The best bolt on I have ever purchased, well worth the $$$$$..... :thumbs:

Ben, my experience with Turbo systems. (Typhoon and 89’ Turbo TA)

-It’s very hard on a transmission.

-A lot of heat in that turbo (Bearings fail).

-It needs to ramps up, not available when you hit it!

But on the positive side, when it hits hold on!

I just want to see how one performs on this truck.

:withstupid:

That way when I build that monster motor, I can put that and a turbo in the SS and put my SS Radix 6.0 in a GEN I Camaro. :eek:

Better get to work on carving a hole in that camaro's hood :D

Archived