Hids Affecting Radio Signal

96vteccd5

I was wondering if anyone has expierence this. When I go to my DRL the radio signal is fine but when they come on it goes fuzzy. Anyone figure a way to fix this? I plan on putting HID's in my fogs soon and don't want to make it worse.

Edited by 05on20's (see edit history)

I was wondering if anyone has expierence this. When I go to my DRL the radio signal is fine but when they come on it goes fuzzy. Anyone figure a way to fix this? I plan on putting HID's in my fogs soon and don't want to make it worse.

yup, listen to a CD or Ipod! :jester: but seriously, mine does it too and i really dont worry about it. I dont know a fix, nor have i spent any time in trying to figure one out.

good luck, i just wanted you to know you arent the only one with the issue

Hey man,

I have a $900 hella kit in low beams, not a single peep from them, I put a pair of $60 ebay ones in my hi-beams and they F-ed my radio signal up like no other...

well for the 840$ difference, i will buy an Ipod and listen to what i want, instead of what the radio station plays and still have 700 left over to ad more mods! :jester:

well for the 840$ difference, i will buy an Ipod and listen to what i want, instead of what the radio station plays and still have 700 left over to ad more mods! :jester:

Just become friends with someone who has a towing company, next time someone totals theirs audi from the rear end, get the hid's out of that. Only things is, the polarity's on the ballast are reversed, but you can plug your 9006 outlet in backwards to the ballast, so no cutting up your harness at all, and you also have to retro fit the d2s bulbs into your housing, very simple! hella FTW!

are u a stock radio? fyi if u arent there is a booster cable that goes into the 40gm-10 harness from the radio that draws more power from the radio through the antenna and saves the power. when u draw more power on the batt from the HIDS, it takes away power from the radio meaning the antenna isnt getting all the power. try that and if it doesnt work then idk :confused:

good luck :cheers: