Tach Problem With 04 Ss

I have a 04 SS and the Tach has been acting up for the past few months.

Basically it started when it started to get cold outside(below 20). The tach would either stick at 1K 2K 3 K, until the truck was at operating temp for awhile. Tehn the the tach would slowly start to work, but would wouldnt sit at 800 RPMS. It would continuee to sit at say 2k and then move from there. Another instance it would sit at 0 and would move, then when stopped in gear it would go back to 0.

Other guages like Volts and Oil pressure would also do the same thing. The trans temp, gas guage, speedo work fine. What can I look for to fix this?

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

i think its a recall, I have been trying to get the local clowns here in Anchorage to replace mine for the last 6 months, yet another reason why i do my own work. They tell me every time i go in that they will fix it and i never here from them?

time to replace your cluster. it's a common problem with 03-04s

good luck

:seeya:

I heard today of this recall notice, but I never got one in the mail.... I purchased the truck brand new. I was told that if the truck is out of warranty (which mine is both factory and extended) that Im SOL? Is this true, or will the dealer still honor the fix since it is a recall?

They extended the warrenty on the clusters for 03's and 04's to something like 7 years/70k miles. When it warms up it'll quit doing it. Talk to your dealer as they will probably fix it.

I have 100K on the truck now, it just turned over. I'll give it a shot, The delaers around here are asses.