Fuel pumps for Radix guys

For those of us running the tandem fuel pumps with our Radix set-up, what do you think about just taking them both off and putting one good high flowing one on?

Would there be any benefit to this other than less parts that will fail. I sometimes have a tougher time starting when the truck is warm.

If that is a good route to go, what type or how much flow would you suggest?

You think this one would do the trick?

img-5-1-large.jpg

800 HP EFI Fuel Pump, P/N 11106

For fuel injected applications with base pressure settings between 30 and 65 PSI. Designed to fuel anything from 150 to 800 horsepower.

Feed your beast with the new 800 HP EFI Fuel Pump. Beautiful, durable, and reliable, this new fuel pump will fuel the fire whether it's naturally aspirated, nitrous enhanced, blown or turbocharged.

Now with more flow and extended warranty.

Combines ultra high-performance with durability and reliability.

Durable pumping components that simply don't wear.

Flows over 450 lbs. per hour @ 12 Volts and 45 PSI.

-8AN inlet and -6AN ports.

Compact size facilitates easy mounting.

Pumping mechanism features our proprietary composite material, 304 stainless steel rollers, and 6061-T651 aircraft-grade aluminum alloy plates. Plates are coated with protective finishes per Military Specification MIL-A-8625 type III Hardcoat anodize. The body and end-caps of the pump also utilize 6061-T651 aircraft grade aluminum and are protected and beautifully finished with a type II bright dip anodize.

Go with walbro (I think that is how you spell it). A lot of the LS1 guys use them. Get a walbro 255 (in-tank). I think that is the part number. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? Noticed any fluctuation, or anything?

Did this start after your cam install?

By the way, where the hell have you been and what's going on with the exhaust and tranny stuff?

I don't want the hassle of putting one in the tank. An inline one I can just pop in there. No, no change after the cam install. the tight parking lot maneuvers making it want to stall are a result of the cam though.

I was up in Dallas for 5 days. I went up for the race on Thursday and got back yesterday. Great weekend.

Still nothing on the tranny. I am waiting on my refund from the supermaxx system to pay for the install. Not quite sure why it has taken Dynatech and Tbyrne a freakin month to do the refund. As soon as I have that $$$ I am taking it down to Joe.

Can you do some photoshoppin' on that pic and get all that Ford crap out of it? :P

Also, I still see those pretty blue connectors through the grille. Man.....how much stuff is in your garage? As much as is in my attic? :P

Also, if I were going to change to a diff pump, I'd want to take the whine with it and that means in the tank. They are plug and play, so not too hard to install, and dropping the gas tank is a piece of cake. Did it on my '99.

I knew you would pipe in with a Ford comment. :D

Yea, still got the blue connectors. I plane on finally doing the heat exchanger this weekend along with the 3 guages I got in my toolbox. UltraLite Electric Boost, Fuel Pressure, and A/F Ratio.

Then all I have to do is get a better tranny cooler. I am still trying to figure out how to use the one that came with the Radix for that though.

Then there is my NX system, an so on and so forth.

I knew you would pipe in with a Ford comment. :D

Yea, still got the blue connectors. I plane on finally doing the heat exchanger this weekend along with the 3 guages I got in my toolbox. UltraLite Electric Boost, Fuel Pressure, and A/F Ratio.

Then all I have to do is get a better tranny cooler. I am still trying to figure out how to use the one that came with the Radix for that though.

Then there is my NX system, an so on and so forth.

I can probably get all the connections you would need to hook up the Radix heat exchanger in place of your stock tranny cooler.

Just tell me how you want to do it. Bypass the Radiator, or tap into the lines coming from the radiator. I'll get out there tomorrow, or Monday, to the specialty company I got all mine from.

That would be great. I would like to tap in to the lines coming from the radiator. That has been my biggest problem, not knowing the sizes I need. I don't have a place I can just go find the ones I should use. Do you think you can find fittings to go into that Setrab cooler?

The best option is to use an intank pump. If you want to do an inline pump only because its easier, then you'd need to take out the factory pump, which means you'd need to get into the tank anyway. The in-tank option is the best choice. Running them in-line does create more of a chance for failure. If one pump dies, it becomes a restriction.

If its worth doing, its worth doing right.

The best option is to use an intank pump. If you want to do an inline pump only because its easier, then you'd need to take out the factory pump, which means you'd need to get into the tank anyway. The in-tank option is the best choice. Running them in-line does create more of a chance for failure. If one pump dies, it becomes a restriction.

If its worth doing, its worth doing right.

I thought our 03's didn't have one in the tank.

Archived