Rocker Arms

I was just wondering how good are the stock rockers on our lq9's? I'll be running the patriot dual extreme springs with hardened push rods. with the 2300 and 408 would the stock rockers be good enough? is it worth it uprading to something like the pro-magnum rockers from comp? will the comp rockers require i different push rod lenght? even at eh same ratio..

thanks

its just nice to have a rocker with a full roller tip , the stockers are good , and with the fulcrum upgrade from harlan sharp they are good for higher hp.

i went with yella terra ultra lights. they have a good rep , are lightweight and affordable.

pushrod legnth is tbd. just check and order accordingly.

did thoes bolt right up? did you have to mod the valve covers at all? i dont want to really get into alot of modding since the motor is in the truck. How do the HS RR hold up to high hp? they look like they bolt right up and clear the covers. Would i have to get longer push rods i have the hardened 7.400 rods in it right now.

did thoes bolt right up? did you have to mod the valve covers at all? i dont want to really get into alot of modding since the motor is in the truck. How do the HS RR hold up to high hp? they look like they bolt right up and clear the covers. Would i have to get longer push rods i have the hardened 7.400 rods in it right now.

im running the HS on my setup and i just removed the drip tabs from the stock valve covers and i dont have any issues with them. no you dont need longer PR. evry rocker has been damaged or broken before, the main cause of rockers braking is that they are not installed properly and end up having premature failure

The stockers are fine when used on a stock head. If you are going to change them I'd go to the Yella Terra rockers. They are the least problem rockers to install and have been very reliable to about anyone using them.

I'm running Harland Sharp 1.7's on my 5.3 and they have been flawless so far, they've been on there for about 20k and abused daily. I did have to grind the head a little bit on the pushrod side as the clearance between the rocker and head seemed a little tight, but besides that they fit right under the stock valve covers with no problems.

6489990120_large.jpg

Edited by budhayes3 (see edit history)