Tcs 4l60e Gb

sprayed99

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that a billet one piece front cover? i see welds buy the front hub wont that weaken it? 1000 hp is that in a truck? cuz i think the ss is 5300-5500 pounds.

Yes, the front cover is whittled from a single block of 300M tool steel.

Mr. P.

is that a billet one piece front cover? i see welds buy the front hub wont that weaken it? 1000 hp is that in a truck? cuz i think the ss is 5300-5500 pounds.

not sure about the truck...thing. Most cars that they have these in are over 4K lb. and all the trucks I know that have them are above 5K lb and they work flawlessly.

This is too important to not mention; in your order you need to include details of your vehicle, including weight, engine size, heads/cam (if not stock), power adders, rear gear ratio, and tire size. TCS will ask for all this info.

If you are unsure of stall speed requirements or how the vehicle will behave talk with Dan or myself, I've driven both the 2600 and 2800 TCS converter. I *highly* recommend the TCS 2800 for a 'street sport' kind of feel, and 2600 is a good daily driver especially if combined with a power adder. When I drove the TCS 2800 with factory exhaust manifolds, gutted cats, and Corsa Touring muffler I always got LOTS of compliments on the sound of the truck, very sexy. Other consideration, the TCS 2800 (and higher stall) will benefit from a larger external cooler.

Mr. P. :)

What would your suggestion be for a DD, mostly stock (CAI, 160 stat, Cat back) AWD SSS. I would like the feel of "street sport" but I occasionally tow a trailer (about 5000+/- lbs) and don't want to loose my towing capacity. BTW I have a Maxx-cool tranny cooler already.

:flag:

What would your suggestion be for a DD, mostly stock (CAI, 160 stat, Cat back) AWD SSS. I would like the feel of "street sport" but I occasionally tow a trailer (about 5000+/- lbs) and don't want to loose my towing capacity. BTW I have a Maxx-cool tranny cooler already.

Well that's the nice thing about these converters, they have very heavy duty lockup clutches, towing with the converter locked-up is not a problem. I would run the TCS 2800 *unless* you are towing over very hilly/mountainous terrain where the transmission is constantly hunting between gears, the TCS 2800 will heat up the ATF to a couple-hudred degrees if towing without being in lockup. If your towing is all on-road highway driving then do the TCS 2800, else go with the TCS 2600. My 2-cents. I'm a little more aggressive on my recommendations, Dan (sprayed99) would probably advise a 2600; they are both great converters, the 2800 has a bit more 'snap' to it.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Well that's the nice thing about these converters, they have very heavy duty lockup clutches, towing with the converter locked-up is not a problem. I would run the TCS 2800 *unless* you are towing over very hilly/mountainous terrain where the transmission is constantly hunting between gears, the TCS 2800 will heat up the ATF to a couple-hudred degrees if towing without being in lockup. If your towing is all on-road highway driving then do the TCS 2800, else go with the TCS 2600. My 2-cents. I'm a little more aggressive on my recommendations, Dan (sprayed99) would probably advise a 2600; they are both great converters, the 2800 has a bit more 'snap' to it.

I would actually suggest a 2400...reason being..if he plans any further mods that produce more power his converter will flash higher...so if headers and cam are in the future is converter will perform as a 2600. also the 2400 will tow as stock and also keep some of the heat down.

I would actually suggest a 2400...reason being..if he plans any further mods that produce more power his converter will flash higher...so if headers and cam are in the future is converter will perform as a 2600. also the 2400 will tow as stock and also keep some of the heat down.

Thanks for the replies Danny & Mr.P I should have mentioned that I do plan on adding headers later but that's about all. I've been wanting to get one of these TCS converters, but I'm a little light on the funds right now. I'll keep you in mind when the funds are right.

Thanks,

G

This is interesting.

We may have gone over this already, but why no mention of anything over 2800 stall when the most popular stall speed from other major manufacturers seems to be 3200?

Because the TCS stall is a true stall speed....not a off the shelf stall speed. We spent 10 minutes talking about that subject over the phone.