What State Do You Wish You Lived In?

Puglia10

I live in Ma now with the ocean in my backyard. Its only nice in the spring and summer, the winter sucks, like you said only ride my bike 4 or 5 monthes a year, and all that salt on my SS yuck. Virginia Beach is nice been there a few times. I dont know wherever there is ocean and beaches and warm sun. NO SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been all over this country.... and the world for that. WV will always be home....

ga probably where i got majority of my knowledge from cars due to the fact that everything including baby strollers are fast. I would love to have land in kansas and iowa for the monster white tail hunting. Texas is .... its texas never been to a state that people are so proud... i loved alaska but damn it was cold.... so

I WANT TO LIVE

on the beach in mexico being a bum :D

born in nashville, tn wish i could go back.

im in the army and have been away for to long. im currently living in washington state about 30 miles from seattle.

i like it here its beautiful just all the damn rain and gloomy weather is what kills me.

so i say TENNESSEE all the way GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i bleed orange

texas, texas, texas (my home)i love it there...........been to chicago(during the winter) people die there its so cold!!!!! n.c. didnt really care for it, and now im in beaufort, s.c. and i hate it soooooooo much this place blows but next on my list is hawaii want to hold that down for a while

I want to live in Indiana. It's the motor sports capital of the world and is chock full of conservative Republican like myself. I have lived my whole life in SoCal and I am ready for a change!

Never thought I would see someone in Cali wanting to move to Indiana :cheers: And yes we do enjoy the good life when it comes to motorsports. I still refer to Indianapolis Raceway Park as IRP not ORP

Edited by hot rod truck (see edit history)

I want to live in Indiana. It's the motor sports capital of the world and is chock full of conservative Republican like myself. I have lived my whole life in SoCal and I am ready for a change!

easy killer, yeah Indy has THE GREATEST race tracks in IMS and irp, and salem, and gas city, and winchester, etc.., but the weather sucks donkey balls. This winter has really sucked, lots of snow, cold, nasty.. i want to live in florida or texas, but the republicans have made it hard to make any money in those states, g*dda*n right to work...sorry off subject, someplace warm with a beach and ocean!!!

... IMO the best places to live in Oregon are in the southern part and east of the cascades (Medford, Klamath Falls, Bend) still beautiful without the depressing rain

I was born in Medford, and grew up in Grants Pass.

I have lived in the following places -

• Southern Oregon
  • Seattle/Tacoma Washington area
  • Tucson AZ
  • Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler AZ
  • Albuquerque NM
  • Sonora CA (near Yosemite)
  • Austin TX
  • Stephenville TX (north-central Texas)
  • Dallas-Fort Worth area

My father was a life-long rodeo contestant, and every weekend we had to go with him all over the western United States; there is no part of Oregon, Washington, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas I haven't seen. We currently own 40,000 acres in Santa Rosa NM (east NM) and the family leases/operates many cattle operations all over NM and TX. I have gone sight-seeing through the DC metro and eastern Virgina (Richmond) area. I have been through most parts of Nevada, Idaho, western Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and some of Utah. I have recently visited NY, NJ, and PA; I have driven the freeway through TN, AL, MS, AK. I've seen a lot, I want to someday see it all. Many more road trips to take.

Everywhere I have mentioned I have family or very dear life-long friends. I feel very fortunate to have a place to stay and warm meal anywhere in the country.

THAT SAID - from personal experience there are only a few places I would consider living (in no order) Austin, Plano (where I am now), the more exclusive areas of Phoenix *maybe* (I respect but hate the desert) I'm referring to Chandler & Ahwatukee, and San Diego CA. I would consider living in either Nashville TN or Knoxville TN, absolutely spectacular scenery. San Antonio is a kick in the ass but has a *high* degree of old-world spanish/mexican culture and flavor, and I like it but it just doesn't fit me - you haven't lived until you've been down to the Riverwalk. I dislike OK (sorry!) but hear Edmond and Tulsa are really nice.

Places I never want to see again - Albuquerque NM. northern Phoenix (Gilbert area). Tempe/Mesa AZ no-way. Tucson, I went to high school there was the most depressing place I've ever lived. Everywhere in CA is too overpopulated, the CA of today is *nothing* like the CA I grew-up in, I lived there 13-years. West Texas you could not make me live there, or in the panhandles. El Paso scares me!

WHY I LOVE PLANO - very good people, very personable. Lots of diversity, Plano and Austin remind me most of my earlier days living in California. Lots of successful people, has a lot of culture - you can see and do anything here from skankiest strip clubs to the larges arena shows and high society events. Great car scene, that's important to me. A working economy, it did not crash anything like the rest of the country so there is still a good cash flow. You can buy a great home in a great neighborhood for $180K-210K; housing & cost of living are reasonable. I LOVE Texas weather, not too cold and rarely does the weather stop you from doing what you want to do. I have come to love the lightning and storms. I'll stop there, I really like it here, as much as I lived in Austin (north Austin is a blast).

I'll stop, if you think of a place in particular just ask. Another really well traveled resource is Stitches.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

I was born in Medford, and grew up in Grants Pass.

I have lived in the following places -

• Southern Oregon
  • Seattle/Tacoma Washington area
  • Tucson AZ
  • Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler AZ
  • Albuquerque NM
  • Sonora CA (near Yosemite)
  • Austin TX
  • Stephenville TX (north-central Texas)
  • Dallas-Fort Worth area

My father was a life-long rodeo contestant, and every weekend we had to go with him all over the western United States; there is no part of Oregon, Washington, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas I haven't seen. We currently own 40,000 acres in Santa Rosa NM (east NM) and the family leases/operates many cattle operations all over NM and TX. I have gone sight-seeing through the DC metro and eastern Virgina (Richmond) area. I have been through most parts of Nevada, Idaho, western Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and some of Utah. I have recently visited NY, NJ, and PA; I have driven the freeway through TN, AL, MS, AK. I've seen a lot, I want to someday see it all. Many more road trips to take.

Everywhere I have mentioned I have family or very dear life-long friends. I feel very fortunate to have a place to stay and warm meal anywhere in the country.

THAT SAID - from personal experience there are only a few places I would consider living (in no order) Austin, Plano (where I am now), the more exclusive areas of Phoenix *maybe* (I respect but hate the desert) I'm referring to Chandler & Ahwatukee, and San Diego CA. I would consider living in either Nashville TN or Knoxville TN, absolutely spectacular scenery. San Antonio is a kick in the ass but has a *high* degree of old-world spanish/mexican culture and flavor, and I like it but it just doesn't fit me - you haven't lived until you've been down to the Riverwalk. I dislike OK (sorry!) but hear Edmond and Tulsa are really nice.

Places I never want to see again - Albuquerque NM. northern Phoenix (Gilbert area). Tempe/Mesa AZ no-way. Tucson, I went to high school there was the most depressing place I've ever lived. Everywhere in CA is too overpopulated, the CA of today is *nothing* like the CA I grew-up in, I lived there 13-years. West Texas you could not make me live there, or in the panhandles. El Paso scares me!

WHY I LOVE PLANO - very good people, very personable. Lots of diversity, Plano and Austin remind me most of my earlier days living in California. Lots of successful people, has a lot of culture - you can see and do anything here from skankiest strip clubs to the larges arena shows and high society events. Great car scene, that's important to me. A working economy, it did not crash anything like the rest of the country so there is still a good cash flow. You can buy a great home in a great neighborhood for $180K-210K; housing & cost of living are reasonable. I LOVE Texas weather, not too cold and rarely does the weather stop you from doing what you want to do. I have come to love the lightning and storms. I'll stop there, I really like it here, as much as I lived in Austin (north Austin is a blast).

I'll stop, if you think of a place in particular just ask. Another really well traveled resource is Stitches.

Mr. P.

Mr. P, I thinking of maybe retiring in Phoenix, what are the best areas to live in and what is bad about the Gilbert area. I been to Phoenix but didn't get to spend time to see alot.

anyway there is alot of REO bank home for sale at low cost. This something in future I just starting to look right now.

Thanks,

Clay