Magnaflow Guys

I think I want to go a different direction exhaust wise. My two exhaust tips will be here tomorrow and I would like to do side exit exhaust. I am wondering if I should go with two single in single out magnaflows or one dual in dual out magnaflow or if it even matters. I am going to attempt to sell my dual in dual out flowmaster super 40 and then I will be ready to purchase. A part number of a magnaflow some of you went with and that you love the sound will be greatly appreciated.

Magnaflow 12388 - 22" case, dual 2-1/2 inlets, single 3" outlet.........loud and nasty at 1/2-WOT, nice rumble at idle, in other words it is tame until you hammer it. Mild drone around 2000 RPMs, but nothing too crazy.....

I think I want to go a different direction exhaust wise. My two exhaust tips will be here tomorrow and I would like to do side exit exhaust. I am wondering if I should go with two single in single out magnaflows or one dual in dual out magnaflow or if it even matters. I am going to attempt to sell my dual in dual out flowmaster super 40 and then I will be ready to purchase. A part number of a magnaflow some of you went with and that you love the sound will be greatly appreciated.

Give this guy a call or shoot him a email when you get the part number you need. He is a big magnaflow dealer of mufflers and converters at a great price. Tell him Chris told you to talk to him. Anybody else needing manaflow give him a try.

Magnaflow 12388 - 22" case, dual 2-1/2 inlets, single 3" outlet.........loud and nasty at 1/2-WOT, nice rumble at idle, in other words it is tame until you hammer it. Mild drone around 2000 RPMs, but nothing too crazy.....

I was just looking at their dual in Dual out model that is a 4 inch by 9 inch oval and is 20 inches in overall length. The body of the muffler is 14 inches. Do you know if length of the muffler makes a difference? Also, I was thinking about just purchasing two of their round SS mufflers to make it true dual all the way through. Do you have any idea if that will sound good? I'm not trying to go crazy since I'm not supercharged yet and I'm sure when I am the sound will be amplified but I do like to here a nice rumble at idle. Thanks for your imput Fireman31 :cheers:

Give this guy a call or shoot him a email when you get the part number you need. He is a big magnaflow dealer of mufflers and converters at a great price. Tell him Chris told you to talk to him. Anybody else needing manaflow give him a try.

My bad. I forgot to add his email. www.dependonauto.com. I talked to him today and made sure that he does sell manaflow mufflers and he said yes he is a magnaflow dealer.

I'm not sure if I missed something, but I don't see who you were telling me to call or email. (Lol... we must have been typing at the same time. Thanks for the info.) Is he someone who knows a lot about magnaflow or does he just sell them?

Edited by BaYcHeVySS (see edit history)

I'm not sure if I missed something, but I don't see who you were telling me to call or email.

Man it's getting late at night. His name is Marty. now his dads name is Marty to. If you call just ask for little Marty and tell him you talked to me (Chris Hawks). Nice guy to deal with. Let me know how it goes. Here is his web site on ebay http://stores.shop.ebay.com/DEPENDONAUTO__W0QQ_armrsZ1 or http://www.dependonauto.com. Phone # 731-332-9622 Might be cheaper going around ebay.Thanks

Man it's getting late at night. His name is Marty. now his dads name is Marty to. If you call just ask for little Marty and tell him you talked to me (Chris Hawks). Nice guy to deal with. Let me know how it goes. Here is his web site on ebay http://stores.shop.ebay.com/DEPENDONAUTO__W0QQ_armrsZ1 or http://www.dependonauto.com. Phone # 731-332-9622 Might be cheaper going around ebay.Thanks

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the info. I will let you know how it goes.

I have decided to go with the 11379 magnaflow muffler. I tried multiple times to contact Marty at Dependonauto without success. I found a website called performancepeddler.com where I believe I got a killer deal. Their advertised price was $91, but when I scrolled over "add to cart" a message appeared telling me to give them an offer and I would receive an email with a response. I offered them $80 and when I received the email and they offered to sell me the muffler for $77 and free shipping. I was able to enter a discount code and buy the muffler for $77. They sell a lot of automotive parts so check them out before committing to buy elsewhere. Just thought I'd let ya'll know. I'll post some pics when I get the exhaust finished.

You mentioned side exit and Magnaflows so I thought I would post this clip. Keep in mind, I have no converters and that makes a huge difference in sound. I don't remember the parts numbers but they are single in and single out. The tips were just some the shop had in stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the exhaust done and I love it! Here are some pics. Sorry the truck is so dirty. There are a few more welds to be finished and then I'll clean the truck up and try and get a video on here for ya'll. Enjoy and let me know what ya'll think.

post-15329-1238037498_thumb.jpg

post-15329-1238037570_thumb.jpg