Accident! $3800

Sammygunit

So I had my truck parked at the local VFW, and I got a phone call after I had all ready got a ride because I knew that I was too drunk to drive. The phone call started with "man I am sorry but I backed in to your truck." MAN!!! So I look at it the next day of course he hit it with his trailer hitch backing up.

The passenger door is toast, also pushed in to the rocker. Just the plastic rocker alone costs over 400 dollars. Took it to the shop yesterday to get it fixed and the quote was 3,800 dollars. Thank GOD for insurance. First time I have ever had to use it but hey, I guess it is good to have sometimes.

Anyway, without my baby for over a week, driving a cobalt.

Sam

thats sucks!!!! but you will get her back soon... but look on the bright side you have a real friend there and he maned up to what he did. any other joe smoe would of left and not leave a note..

:withstupid:

sucks that you did the right thing by parking it too and this happens but you can maybe take it as a sign that something worse was waiting for you if you did drive.

:withstupid:

sucks that you did the right thing by parking it too and this happens but you can maybe take it as a sign that something worse was waiting for you if you did drive.

:withstupid: Not enough people are honest these days.

:withstupid: better to be safe than dead, but the other guy should be taking care of it... since he obviously is unable to drive without damaging your proberty
:withstupid: If he has insurance he probably will. Take it to a good shop that will go back with GM sheetmetal. No aftermarket junk. Edited by CoolBlueSS (see edit history)

So I had my truck parked at the local VFW, and I got a phone call after I had all ready got a ride because I knew that I was too drunk to drive. The phone call started with "man I am sorry but I backed in to your truck." MAN!!! So I look at it the next day of course he hit it with his trailer hitch backing up.

The passenger door is toast, also pushed in to the rocker. Just the plastic rocker alone costs over 400 dollars. Took it to the shop yesterday to get it fixed and the quote was 3,800 dollars. Thank GOD for insurance. First time I have ever had to use it but hey, I guess it is good to have sometimes.

Anyway, without my baby for over a week, driving a cobalt.

Sam

is his insurance paying or yours? I assume it was a friend or at least someone you know since he has your phone #.

Yeah, he is paying my deductible. Since he was drinking no we didn't make a report or anything. I kind of live in the middle of the desert so I went to the most "reputable" place within a 100 miles. So I really hope that it comes out all right. I am NOT going to except it if it is anything but the best. I grew up in a body shop so I am going to fine tooth comb the truck when I go get it. I'm serious I am not taking any tape lines or anything.

Yeah, he is paying my deductible. Since he was drinking no we didn't make a report or anything. I kind of live in the middle of the desert so I went to the most "reputable" place within a 100 miles. So I really hope that it comes out all right. I am NOT going to except it if it is anything but the best. I grew up in a body shop so I am going to fine tooth comb the truck when I go get it. I'm serious I am not taking any tape lines or anything.

Glad your buddy let you know not too many friends do that anymore...

Buy your cladding cheaper on ebay with SAE auto parts...Save some dough or put it towards mods!

Edited by OneSlickSilvy (see edit history)