Tow/haul Mode

Hello people, went to press my tow/haul button today and nothing happened. The indicator light did not come on and I could tell that it was not working. Was working fine before. Anyone have this happen and is it expensive to fix?? Thanks

When I worked for the dealer I'd sold a few shifter arms because the switch had failed. That's a good possiblity of what you have there.

Thanks zippy. So do remember an estimated cost?? I thought that might be the answer cause i had the cruise control go out on an 1993 silverado and you had to replace the whole blinker arm for that. That was around $300. Thanks again. :cheers:

My friend has a 2000 that i just had the steering column apart on to replace the ignition switch and the first thing i saw when i got it opened up was the wires to the tow/haul button were broken, there was enough wire hanging out that i could solder it back together, CHEAP FIX, too bad the ignition switch wasn,t that easy, hope this helps i don't know how much different the column internals are from year to year but its worth a shot!