Amsoil?

anaya83

Amsoil is America's 1st synthetic oil, it has been around since the 1970s. Amsoil is great stuff, my 30 vehicle fleet of Chevy vans at work has been running on it for almost two decades........

You guys order it directly from Amsoil? Been thinking of going this route, $65 oil change once a year doesn't sound too bad.

Yes we order direct, usually 6 cases of quarts and 5 cases of gallons at a time with assorted filters too. We run a 7500 mile interval in between each Amsoil full oil & filter change.....

Yes we order direct, usually 6 cases of quarts and 5 cases of gallons at a time with assorted filters too. We run a 7500 mile interval in between each Amsoil full oil & filter change.....

i've been using k&n oil filters since my first vehicle, do i need to use a specific filter with this oil?? or can i still use k&n?? the reason i'm asking is because i don't know if a k&n filter can last 7500 miles, thanx again

i've been using k&n oil filters since my first vehicle, do i need to use a specific filter with this oil?? or can i still use k&n?? the reason i'm asking is because i don't know if a k&n filter can last 7500 miles, thanx again

K&N oil filters will work fine, but you can buy Amsoil Absolute Efficiency filters(made by Wix) as well. The correct model number should be Ea032 if I am not mistaken.

In terms of oil change intervals, I would never go more then 5000 miles IMO. We use 7500 at work because our trucks are always running around, and they get the living crap beat out of them. By going that far on a quality synthetic, it greatly decreases down time for routine oil changes. Even with Amsoil, i'd never take my personal vehicle past 5000 miles. I religiously do a full Mobil 1 oil change on my SSS every 3000-4000 miles.

K&N oil filters will work fine, but you can buy Amsoil Absolute Efficiency filters(made by Wix) as well. The correct model number should be Ea032 if I am not mistaken.

In terms of oil change intervals, I would never go more then 5000 miles IMO. We use 7500 at work because our trucks are always running around, and they get the living crap beat out of them. By going that far on a quality synthetic, it greatly decreases down time for routine oil changes. Even with Amsoil, i'd never take my personal vehicle past 5000 miles. I religiously do a full Mobil 1 oil change on my SSS every 3000-4000 miles.

that answers both of my questions, thank you :chevy:

I religiously do a full Mobil 1 oil change on my SSS every 3000-4000 miles.

:withstupid:

amsoil is a great product... Used it a few times.

I'm a hair more partial to Royal Purple however.