Rumble Bee Goes Down

funceca88

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know stock on stock the hemi ram is closest to us before mods but i'm just not satisfied with running them, so i found a jeep srt-8 (stock as far as i know) well except the wheels, but we went from 60 and i had is a$$ from they get. not sure if he was racing or not but it was fun. what do those things run in the 1/4?

Edited by BlackSSS46 (see edit history)

i know stock on stock the hemi ram is closest to us before mods but i'm just not satisfied with running them, so i found a jeep srt-8 (stock as far as i know) well except the wheels, but we went from 60 and i had is a$$ from they get. not sure if he was racing or not but it was fun. what do those things run in the 1/4?

high 12s. the will runs low 12 with intake, exhuast, and a tune. throw a 150 shot and hello 10s. No joke they are FAST! There is a picture somewhere of one pulling the front wheels off the ground. and its AWD. lol

Congrats bro :cheers: , from my experiences I've found that stock vs stock ,the SS will always beat the Regular cab Hemi's/Rumblebee's . Now with my 2wd SS I have to have some weight in the bed or race from a concrete bridge, The Reg cab Hemi's Shine on take off vs a 2wd SS,,,,I've raced both an 05 Rumble bee and 07 Hemi Ram (same setup)

Both had programmers, CAI, & Exhaust,,,,They both jump me outta the hole about a length but about the time start winding out 2nd gear I'm passing them, And I beat them about 2-1/2 lengths in the quarter mile. At the time my SS had CAI, & Wheatley tune, & Magnaflow muffler,,,, Hopefully I'll do even better with my new mods installed this week,,,Pacetter Lt's, No Cats, And a 160* thermostat. But I gotta give them Hemi's props man, They got one hella hole shot on stock tires!!! (the ones with possi-trac that is)

My 2wd QC pulled 2.00 60' times on the stock 20" wheels and tires. It ran 14.86 with exhaust, intake, and hyperjunk. Swithced to superchips and installed a TQ converter and ran 14.1 on 22s. This is almost 3 years ago now. She is a bit faster now :cheers:

YOU beat the SRT8 Jeep??

What mods do you have? Those things are pretty danged quick!

fully bolted, tuned, tbss intake and 90mm tb, e fans, and a little weight reduction. but like i said i wasn't too sure if i beat him. on the freeway it was pretty even and from a light i jumped his a$$. but he had 22's and a system from what i saw. so he weighed a little more than stock either way it freaked me out

fully bolted, tuned, tbss intake and 90mm tb, e fans, and a little weight reduction. but like i said i wasn't too sure if i beat him. on the freeway it was pretty even and from a light i jumped his a$$. but he had 22's and a system from what i saw. so he weighed a little more than stock either way it freaked me out

What is "fully bolted"?

Sounds like something is funny if you have a tune and an intake?

lt, volant cai, ram air tube, tbss 90mm tb and intake, tr55 plugs taylor wires, 36lb injectors, 160 thermostat, pulley kit...there is something else but i can't think right now

I'm truly astonished, with those mods I wouldn't think you would be close to an SRT8 Jeep.

:confused:

Have you ever ran your truck at a track? You would have to be mid 12s by your description of the race I would guess..???

lt, volant cai, ram air tube, tbss 90mm tb and intake, tr55 plugs taylor wires, 36lb injectors, 160 thermostat, pulley kit...there is something else but i can't think right now
So you have lt, volant cai w/ram air tube, ls2 intake w/90 tb, e-fans, 160 t-stat, pulleys, ngk plugs, taylor wires, injectors, a tune and some weight reduction, right? OK, that could get you into the 12's, maybe.

I'm truly astonished, with those mods I wouldn't think you would be close to an SRT8 Jeep.

:confused:

Have you ever ran your truck at a track? You would have to be mid 12s by your description of the race I would guess..???

I astonished too but more from the fact thst he wrote that on the freeway(presumable from a roll) they were even but from a light(dig) he "jumped his a$$". That is backward thinking for me as my experience has shown that from freeway speeds they are not as fast because they are flying bricks but from a dig they are absolute animals since they are AWD. :uhoh::confused:

But then again he did say he was not sure the other(SRT-8 Cherokee) guy was really racing him.

someone find out where this guy lives and race him. so that he could start wishing he had an ss
I know someone in Texas that would race you with his Hemi. His name is Brad and he goes by WBW on the Dodge forums. I can set things up if you want since "i love my SS" never responded.

hey hemi ram, any one of us is willing to run you, if you live in san diego hit me up man
No problem I have a couple of buddies here in Cali that will run ya. They will be at Irwindale this thursday or you can let me know when and where. Let me no and I will set this up ASAP. :cheers:
My buddy with the Hemi Ram will be in Irwindale Thursday if you want to run him.

I have both a Hemi Ram and a Vortech Silverado and I say stock they are about equal. Teh advantage goes to the Silverado as far as parts and tuning goes but there are a few Dodges that despite the lack of parts and any real tuning have managed to make their trucks fast(12''s and a few 11's) although not the norm. :cheers:

not sure if i'm a 12 sec truck but actually i highly doubt that haven't gone to the track since my latest mods due to work, but i also yank a lt1 ss by 5 or 6 from a light. so i have no clue i wished i could find out some how until i get off this schedule but also that dude weighed a little more than what a stock jeep weighs. all i know he was bumping so loud he shook my mirrors. it was fun but based off what everyone has said about them i doubt he was really in it. once i do get the rest of my mods though i don't care ill take a sick day just to see what i can do. thanks for all the input on the jeep srt8 guys wished i knew if the guy was for real or not, but whenever i go down that way i look for that jeep!!!

Edited by BlackSSS46 (see edit history)

not sure if i'm a 12 sec truck but actually i highly doubt that haven't gone to the track since my latest mods due to work, but i also yank a lt1 ss by 5 or 6 from a light. so i have no clue i wished i could find out some how until i get off this schedule but also that dude weighed a little more than what a stock jeep weighs. all i know he was bumping so loud he shook my mirrors. it was fun but based off what everyone has said about them i doubt he was really in it. once i do get the rest of my mods though i don't care ill take a sick day just to see what i can do. thanks for all the input on the jeep srt8 guys wished i knew if the guy was for real or not, but whenever i go down that way i look for that jeep!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

BTW, here is a buddy of mine(Steve from southern Cali) with a stroker N/A Jeep SRT-8 doing 11's and very low 11's with a bit of juice. He races a stock block SRT-8 with a supercharger that runs almost identical times. Also, Steve is about to add a supercharger too.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Fastest...8-in_494093.htm