• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the SSR1 an aggresive polish? Also, what pads do you plan on using?

I am looking for a different polish other than Optimum. It works great but has a long breakdown period. It takes for ever to do my truck even with The Flex polisher.

Poor Boys SSR1 is the least abrasive of the 3. SSR2 is medium abrasive and SSR3 is high abrasive. I was turned on to this product by another member that used SSR2 by hand with fantastic results. So I am going to try SSR1 by hand and see what happens.

Another vote for Zaino here. It is also correct that it is not expensive when you consider how far a bottle goes. I swear I've done my truck 4 or 5 times with AIO and still have better than half left. And the leather treatment is great too. :thumbs:

what products from Zaino would i need to do the outside of my truck

I bought the Z-AIO (All in One) for cleaning / waxing, and the Z-8 Grand Finale Spray to top it off. I also bought the Z-10 Leather in a Bottle. They have kits available with multiple products.

Here's the link: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mercha...gory_Code=Zaino

you guys are killing me lol. what dylan does and using zaino are two COMPLETELY differnt things. all zaino is, is a polish with high filler contents that use a material to fill in all the swirls and scratches on your paint only to wash out and be back to normal after a few washes. dylan uses a rotary, which is a machine with a different assortment of pads and compunds to remove a minute layer of your paint to get past the swirls and imperfections. this is what i do. i use meguiars #16 and it is the best wax on the planet. so good that it was made the exact same for over 50 years until a few years ago ****in tree huggers with their VOC regulations banned the manufacturing of it. it as no fillers.

Poor Boys SSR1 is the least abrasive of the 3. SSR2 is medium abrasive and SSR3 is high abrasive. I was turned on to this product by another member that used SSR2 by hand with fantastic results. So I am going to try SSR1 by hand and see what happens.

poorboys is crap. full of fillers and oils which will make it look great........ for a few weeks. if youre interested in some good products to use by hand, pm me. i got some good rec's.

so 1bad2k, what do you recomment that I can pick up at the parts store. I have a whole munch of the Mothers stuff in the Garage from kits that were giving to me from car shows and stuff. I have a black sss and need to polish. It hsa your normal light swirls.

you guys are killing me lol. what dylan does and using zaino are two COMPLETELY differnt things. all zaino is, is a polish with high filler contents that use a material to fill in all the swirls and scratches on your paint only to wash out and be back to normal after a few washes. dylan uses a rotary, which is a machine with a different assortment of pads and compunds to remove a minute layer of your paint to get past the swirls and imperfections. this is what i do. i use meguiars #16 and it is the best wax on the planet. so good that it was made the exact same for over 50 years until a few years ago ****in tree huggers with their VOC regulations banned the manufacturing of it. it as no fillers.

No one said that Zaino will get rid of scratches. Any good detailer knows that it takes a high speed polisher to permanently remove swirls and scratches. Also, Zaino is not a polish. A polish contains abrasives and when used with a high speed polisher will remove scratches. Zaino is more of a sealant. Zaino is one of the best options to apply to your paint after you polish your paint with a compound and the right pads. BTW, are you Dylan's spokesperson?

I know a bit about detailing myself.

Paint before polishing with Optimum via The Flex with Orange and White pad

P1000935.jpg

After:

P1000936.jpg

Topped with Zaino:

P1000943.jpg

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

No one said that Zaino will get rid of scratches. Any good detailer knows that it takes a high speed polisher to permanently remove swirls and scratches. Also, Zaino is not a polish. A polish contains abrasives and when used with a high speed polisher will remove scratches. Zaino is more of a sealant. Zaino is one of the best options to apply to your paint after you polish your paint with a compound and the right pads. BTW, are you Dylan's spokesperson?

I know a bit about detailing myself.

Paint before polishing with Optimum via The Flex with Orange and White pad

P1000935.jpg

After:

P1000936.jpg

Topped with Zaino:

P1000943.jpg

whoa, no need to get defensive, I have only seen pics in threads dylan has posted of jobs he had done. He offers true paint correction no to be confused with what many were referencing zaino as a phony means to mask or hide imperfections in the paint's surface. I was just pointing out that some were comparing apples to oranges and saying what is best which is the removal of imperfections. Excuse my lack of correct terminology, but Zaino is NOT a sealant, its more of a glaze if you want to get technical. It does a piss poor quality job of sealing. Even their "special selaing sauce" last step stuff is nothing to write home about. Plus it is not long lasting at all. You can get better, longer lasting results with good ol meguiars. Zaino will leave you disappointed everytime if you are looking for something that you don't want to have to apply bi-monthly lol. Oh, and if you want a good sealent you need optiseal or jet-seal or something along those lines. I prefer optimum or meguiars. Edited by 1BAD2K (see edit history)