what exhaust is best for a turbo

Stay away from chambered muffler like flowmasters and such. Antything straight thru and 4". I am a big fan of 4" single systems when approching or going over 500hp. Of coarse a dual 3" setup would work nice with a x or h pipe. Good mufflers would be Dynomax ultra flows or Edelbrock's.

what if you had a 3.5" or 4" electric cut out and then had the system go down to a 3" or 2.5" and throw a high flow muffler? so you could have a high flow system when you want it but then when you are driving around and you don't want it really loud and the best performance?

If you're running a turbo setup, the turbo itself will muffle about a third of the noise from your engine, and when cruising around, the revs should be low enough that there isn't that much noise being made. Just make sure the muffler has the flow that you need. I agree with the chambered aspect though, you want as straight-through a muffler as possible to keep the backpressure on that side of the turbo as low as possible. What kind/size of turbo are you running? I'm looking into getting a twin setup going, but it's loking like a lot of paperwork just to get the numbers all right so I don't have my truck puking its' guts out on the pavement on my first run.

Archived