Front end making a clanking sound

Need some input,

When i am driving it almost feels like my trucks front halfshafts are lose or binding when I make turns in either direction, so i can feel it in the steering wheel and you can hear it banging around but i tried to move it and it is tight.

Has anyone had this or know a how fix to the problem.

They had a problem with the steering shaft on '01's and '02's that required lubrication/new grease pack or somehting like that. Same symptom...a bumping in the steering wheel while turning at slow to moderate speeds. I would have figured it wouldn't be a problem on te '03 and '04's.

i have the same problem i am going to take it to the deale this week i will keep you posted

thanks ledfoot,

I am interested to see what they say. i have a drop kit on my truck, so if i take it in, they may just say that the drop kit is causing it. but i don't think it is, because nobody else has had a problem with that kit like this.

I had the same thing. It feels like the front steering linkage and suspension parts are loose and clunking and you feel a clunk in the steering wheel and pedals. It is the intermeadiate steering shaft. There is a TSB on it. The fix is to disassemble part of the steering linkage and to add grease along the spline of the intermeadiate steering shaft.

After i got it back it feels so much better and lot more comfortable.

Hope that helps.

mine is starting to have the "bumpy" feel in the steering wheel when turning. I think they have to drop the steering column and pull out part of the shaft to lube it. I just lived with it on my last truck. If I knew I could just go in to a dealership and get it fixed in an hour, I'd do it. But, I think they will probably want me to leave it all day, though...

If anybody has a report on how long it took to fix, I'd appreciate it.

:cheers:

Archived