Header Install On My Escalade Pics/video.

SUX2BU

Video's are up loading now. It's taking forever.

Install wasn't bad. All i really had to do was drop the tranny cross member and remove the engine covers. The headers did get scratched up a bit having to snake them up from underneath but it wasn't too bad. The driver side is a little close to the front DS but it had a good 1/2" clearance. Only thing is that no one makes replacement pipes to bolt up to your stock cat back. Everyone sels a Y pipe but the 6.0 motor has two individual pipes going back to the muffler. so i rigged up a temporary set up untill i decide what the rest of my exhaust is going to consist of.

OBX makes a whole SS kit with the two individual pipes but theyre headers look ugly (design wise) and the collectors are only 2.5". Pacesetters are 3" collectors. Also Pacesetters are ceramic coated and will keep under hood temps down better than SS headers. BUT if you live up north i would recommend SS headers or if your big $$ coated SS headers.

It is actually VERY quiet. Only a slightly deeper rumble than before at idle. Inside you can not even tell a difference, it is still extremely quiet. Under the hood is a little noisier but the average person wouldn't notice it.

I heard like something was rubbing at first start up but then it went away.

Driving around: regular off the light driving feels the same but i do feel like it needs less pedal to stay cruising. WOT, down low feels the same mid and high end feel a lot smoother and like the truck is actually lighter. Picks up very good. You can barely hear the exhaust at all, you can actually hear the intake over the exhaust if anything. Although i did romp on it next to a wall and it sounded :eek::drool:

Any other questions, just ask.

277711.jpg

277712.jpg

277713.jpg

277714.jpg

277715.jpg

277716.jpg

277717.jpg

You say you didn't really notice a big improvement? Did you have you computer retuned for headers?,,,Just curious, I've heard that some people had problems with the knock sensors after installing headers untill they got tuned for headers.

You say you didn't really notice a big improvement? Did you have you computer retuned for headers?,,,Just curious, I've heard that some people had problems with the knock sensors after installing headers untill they got tuned for headers.

didn't notice much if any down low, but mid and higher rpm's i definitely did. My buddy is gonna retune it before i hit the track again.

Here are the videos sorry took so long.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Escalade-idle_640668.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Escalade-idle_640667.htm