Antennae Relocation

IndySilveradoSS

I cut a piece of aluminium angle and drilled and tapped holes to mount the antenna in the engine compartment and on the old antenna post. I also made a grounding wire. I did lose the radio stations that were crappy before the mod. But honostly in 3 1/2 years of own the truck I've even tried to listen to AM radio. there's a picture in my garage.

http://www.SilveradoSS.com/forums/index.ph...tem&CID=118

Edited by Eddie (see edit history)

I had an antenna in my old s10. It basically stuck to the inside of the window next to the a pillar and the wire just ran along the side of it down to the dash. Reception was great, and it looked clean. You might be able to find something like that if you search around online. I have also heard of people buying after market antenna amplifiers and I guess they go behind the radio. Supposidly they work great and I think that you can get one at most parts stores.

Hope this helps.

Rob

I used a powered antenna made to be used in the saddlebags of a mortorcycle. I mounted it under the dash near a defroster vent..... reception sux, it was better when i was using the stock antenna in the engine compartment. I'm considering re installing the stocker, but I love how clean it looks without it.

i like the clean look also, and i've got it in the engine compartment, I've got a ground wire and all. I think when I install my headunit in afew days, I'm gonna try and pull the antennae lead into the cab and mount it in the a-piller, that way,it's vertical and not obstructed by the fenders

i like the clean look also, and i've got it in the engine compartment, I've got a ground wire and all. I think when I install my headunit in afew days, I'm gonna try and pull the antennae lead into the cab and mount it in the a-piller, that way,it's vertical and not obstructed by the fenders

I keep thinking about doing the same thing. I get some tough reception in certain areas and AM is virtually useless. I pretty much just listen to my ipod about 90% of the time now. I love the clean look so I won't go back to a mast. I've heard about a glass mounted antenna that I want to try, but I'm having a hard time tracking it down.

glass mount would be cool! my new hu will have an ipod adapter, so I'll listen to that mostly, but I love sports, ao it's been bad not being able to listen to sports radio. let me know if you find anything on glass mount ant.

check this out.Ebay Ant.

Edited by BlkSilveradoSS03 (see edit history)

glass mount would be cool! my new hu will have an ipod adapter, so I'll listen to that mostly, but I love sports, ao it's been bad not being able to listen to sports radio. let me know if you find anything on glass mount ant.

check this out.Ebay Ant.

I sent the seller a question to see if it would work "as is" for our trucks. The one I was told about was Harada WEA-200. I can't find them at all. I checked a couple of local stereo shops and got nothing. There are a few more nearby that I need to check if this doesn't work. I'm in the same boat as you. Sports radio. That and with baseball season rapidly approaching, I don't really want to go another season without listening to some of the games if I can't watch them.

is this the one you were talking about?

Antennae

yeah, there's a local station that broadcasts some the cubs games, but there's also a station out of chicago i'dlike to oick up as well. I suppose your sox fan?

That's the one. problem is, that's the only site I found it on and they only sell to stores and dealers. Not the public. :mad:

Yea, I'm a Sox fan. I live 2 miles from Fenway. I can see the blimp during night games out my living room window.