Cat Delete And 02s

nastyss

ok i cat deleted my truck and never shut the 02s off and when i start it up it runs shitty and the check engine light blinks and there is not much power. now one of my 02s the cap came off of it and it must have shot it out the muffler. now would that be y it runs like crap or do you think i have another problam. im going sat to get the rear 02s shut off but i wanted to make sure this was the problam first thanks

i would think once you get the rear sensors shut off it would correct the problem and shut the engine light off after it recycles for a day or so. as far as blowing part of the o2 sensor out the exhaust thats a new one on me, never heard of that happening before. i ran open headers on my 2003 5.3L for a while and as soon as it realized the rear o2 sensors weren't reading what they were supposed to it ran like crap and nearly died out while sitting at red lights...got the sensors shut off and within a day it went back to normal with no codes

Right now your computer thinks both your rear o2s are failing.

Your air/fuel ratio is way off.

Once you delete your rear o2s out of your system, your truck will immediatly return to normal, and your engine light will turn off.

dont mean to thread jack but how do you shut the o2's off?? my engine light is on

You need to get your PCM custom tuned... Recommend Black Bear ( upper left, under supporting vendors. )

He can also add quit a few performance modifications at the same time, of course.

Wait a minute. He said it was doing this when he first turned to truck on right? Well when the truck is first started it is in open loop and it ignores the O2 sensors. So there could be something else going on. A flashing CEL means a cat damaging miss fire. Now obviously you have no cats to worry about burning up, but you are dumping raw fuel into the exhaust. I am not sure that the o2's are the only problem. Like I said the key thing is that (from what he said) this is happening in the open loop. Unless it is doing it only in closed loop. So does it do it right after you turn the truck on?

Rob

it does it when i turn the truck on and idles good until i put it in drive and take off then it goes kinda into limp mode. i drive it and it comes out of it after maybe a minute it did pop and come out of it one time.