Anyone Buying A House?

fox_forma

Just curious to see if anyone is in the real estate hunt with all the foreclosures going on everywhere. I myself just got done signing the papers to proceed with the purchase of my new house. I have to wait now for the inspection and everything and hope it all goes smooth with minor issues. I have been looking for about 5 months now and started getting a little worried to not finding what I wanted. I have two roommates coming with me for now and should help out huge with my mortgage (even though I can afford it without them) for the next year or two till I decide to settle my butt down with a future rich wife :P

There were two houses I have been really going after, one was a short sale which I was ready to sit on and wait to see what happens but will now be going with my second choice due to short sales being so shitty with the banks getting back to the buyer.

The house is 2186sqft, 4br/3b, 3 car garage, pool with spa, back yard, No HOA, cheap taxes and located in a great area. Pretty much exactly what I have been looking for. Would like to be a little more north but I am right next to a highway to make my trips easier. The neighborhood is strong and actually has had only a few foreclosures within it so it shows its a pretty stable area. It does need some work but its nothing major, main thing is the previous owner enclosed the 3rd garage door in to a play room, that will be yanked out the first weekend to make room for my cycle/atv shop area.

Well anyways, I'm pretty stoked so figured I would see if anyone else is going the same route, I had 3 of my buddies buy recently and I know a few others who are about to start looking to purchase.

Some simple shots of the place

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Oh the house was selling for $275k in Nov, didn't pay anywhere near that :cheers:

Great job man ! gorgeous house !

I bought a bank owned house in september for $44,600 less than what it was on the market for. Plus the goverment gave me $7,500 back since I purchased it after april, and before jan 09.

If someone had alot of free time, and a few dollars... a guy could make a killing buying and turning. My mother is currently doing this mainly with commercial properties ( gas stations, strip malls etc.. ) She however is a agent, she has a little advantage over the average Joe.

If anyone is interested in this, your local county court house BY LAW has to release records on all houses and or property that are owing backed taxes/payments... with a few phone calls, you can make a offer to the owner/bank within days.

Good luck man, hope it works out for you !

This place is in Chandler, basically Warner and the 101. There was another house I really wanted but it was a short sale, I put an offer in, the seller accepted but the bank is just sitting on it. Short Sales suck!!!

The pics I posted are kinda crappy for what the house is, the whole house is pretty open, when you go up the stairs you have a nice overlook of everything, The smallest bedroom is about the size of the master bedroom at the house we are currently in, can't wait to see what my electric bill is going to be in the summer. A new AC unit should be going in before closing so hopefully it wont be to bad! Close is April 17th it looks like which is perfect because I am out of my current place I'm renting end of April.

As soon as I can move in the garage is getting taken care of, a custom bbq set-up is being put in with a stereo, mini fridge and a horseshoe pit! Can't friggin wait!!

Looks like a nice place. Good luck and congrats.

I've been looking at foreclosures myself over the last few months. So far the few I looked at looked good from the outside but the insides were trashed. Hopfully the right one will be around the block because I'm not sure how much longer I can take living where I'm at now before I end up dead or in jail.

that house is pimp. i should but a house guess now is the time to buy. being in the military its hard to cause i dont know if im gonna be here next year or not

What a feeling to get into a home! I love it man nice pick. Be sure to collect your 8k tax credit on your taxes next year. Since your purchased after Jan.1, 09 and before Dec 1, 09 you don't have to pay it back unlike JaymzSS and Myself. We have to start paying back our "Loan" in 2 years @ $500 a year for 15 years.

What a feeling to get into a home! I love it man nice pick. Be sure to collect your 8k tax credit on your taxes next year. Since your purchased after Jan.1, 09 and before Dec 1, 09 you don't have to pay it back unlike JaymzSS and Myself. We have to start paying back our "Loan" in 2 years @ $500 a year for 15 years.

CAN U expand on this ??? cuz im gonna be lookin at houses soon my lease for the house im renting rite now is gonna end in june........ i have to buy between jan 1 09 - dec 1 09??? to get this tax credit???? what is this tax credit.... tnx and FOX ur still FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYY lol

CAN U expand on this ??? cuz im gonna be lookin at houses soon my lease for the house im renting rite now is gonna end in june........ i have to buy between jan 1 09 - dec 1 09??? to get this tax credit???? what is this tax credit.... tnx and FOX ur still FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYY lol

Here you go!

http://www.federalhousingtaxcredit.com/