Paint Problem

Was getting ready to clay the SS the other day and I discovered a few areas that have real fine dots under the clear coat, any paint experts know what's happening and what the paint problem is called? Here's a pic of it.

DSC01688.jpg

If it feels like its under the clear coat ( which it looks like ) its caused either by contamination between your base and clear, poor vehicle prep, or the users equipment was dirty.

Hate to tell you this, but the only proper fix is to sand the clear down, and re-clear it. If this was recently done I would return it to the body shop immediatly and bring it to there attention. This should be something that a good shop would warrenty, as its not a "owners abuse" citation.

Good luck.. :)

If it feels like its under the clear coat ( which it looks like ) its caused either by contamination between your base and clear, poor vehicle prep, or the users equipment was dirty.

Hate to tell you this, but the only proper fix is to sand the clear down, and re-clear it. If this was recently done I would return it to the body shop immediatly and bring it to there attention. This should be something that a good shop would warrenty, as its not a "owners abuse" citation.

Good luck.. :)

looks like some kind of lube (wd40) was on the surface when it was sprayed

The clear on top of the areas is a smooth as can be. I've already taken it back to them and they're repainting it next month...after the sand/gravel is off the roads from winter. The guy said he has seen this before and when I asked him what causes it he said he didn't know. (don't think he wants to admit that his "best painter in town" <--his words, guy screwed up) I thought it looked like they didn't prep it properly. While there I showed him my front bumper cover that's chipped up from winter road sand and he offered to paint it for $150 but I'm a little hesitant to have them do it because of all the trouble with the hood.

Chronological History on my "Simple" Cowl Hood Paint Job: Hood was painted and during installation they dinged it. They repainted it and I found a big hand print under the clear. They repainted it and now I've found the current problems. Quality of hood repaint #4 is yet to be determined! :sigh:

well before they paint agian. tell them that if it doesn't hold up.. you are gonna call the b.b.b.

on a side note i filed a report in 2007 when i shipped some electric fans through ups and i felt i was way over charge... i called them back twice and tried to solve this matter and i would get the run around so i called the b.b.b and 1 week later or so the ups place called me and said sir, we overcharged you on a item you shipped can you come in so we can give you a refund.. sorry for this long story just an fyi ray :cheers:

well before they paint agian. tell them that if it doesn't hold up.. you are gonna call the b.b.b.

on a side note i filed a report in 2007 when i shipped some electric fans through ups and i felt i was way over charge... i called them back twice and tried to solve this matter and i would get the run around so i called the b.b.b and 1 week later or so the ups place called me and said sir, we overcharged you on a item you shipped can you come in so we can give you a refund.. sorry for this long story just an fyi ray :cheers:

whats b.b.b???

• 1 month later...