How To Remove Ss Emblems?

I'd take some dental floss, and move it back and forth in between the emblems and doors in a up and down motion, that way, the string cuts through the 2-sided tape, and won't damage the emblems or paint. then all your left with is the excess tape doings.

I'd take some dental floss, and move it back and forth in between the emblems and doors in a up and down motion, that way, the string cuts through the 2-sided tape, and won't damage the emblems or paint. then all your left with is the excess tape doings.

Just to add to this you might want to use a heat gun or a hair dryer to heat the adhesive... it just makes it a little more easy for the floss to cut through

thanks guys, what do u use to put them back on with?

3m double sided trim tape...put one side on and trim then stick...

I've always taken emblems off with floss then used some adhesive remover and a razor blade to get the rest off...very carefully

3m double sided trim tape...put one side on and trim then stick...

I've always taken emblems off with floss then used some adhesive remover and a razor blade to get the rest off...very carefully

:withstupid:

make a templet or use masking tape to mark where the emblems are before you remove them. The last thing you want to do is have them be off a little. That's the biggest reason I'm going to put overlays on mine. Oh and I don't recomend the razorblade technique.... I use a 3M stripe removal wheel on a drill to remove the remaining tape. Very good investment and will save your paint (and fingertips, haha)

http://www.toolrage.com/prodView.asp?sku=3M-7498

make a templet or use masking tape to mark where the emblems are before you remove them. The last thing you want to do is have them be off a little. That's the biggest reason I'm going to put overlays on mine. Oh and I don't recomend the razorblade technique.... I use a 3M stripe removal wheel on a drill to remove the remaining tape. Very good investment and will save your paint (and fingertips, haha)

I also used the rubber wheel it works great but you probably need to buff the place where the SS badge was. If not dust will collect showing where the SS badge had been.

don't know if you took them off but i have good luck wraping fishing line around two pencils. and do the sawing method... your fingers will thankyou..

wish i thought of that when i did mine! ouch!!

hey man i have the same concern, i painted mine black while they were still on the truck![ i know stupid move], aniways were can i get overlays so i dont create a bigger mess. thanks :thumbs: