Exhaust Question

:chevy: Hey folks, I'm getting ready to change my stock muffler for something that sounds a little more aggressive and was wondering what you swapped to.. I have just discovered that I can't find anyone who markets a dual 2 1/2" inlet / dual 3" outlet muffler!!! Have tried Flowmaster and Dynomax.. Anyone have other suggestions (other than complete catback system)..

Thanks

:chevy: I have just discovered that I can't find anyone who markets a dual 2 1/2" inlet / dual 3" outlet muffler!!! Have tried Flowmaster and Dynomax.. Anyone have other suggestions (other than complete catback system)..

Thanks

Basinni will make you one with those specs. Cost you around $300 for the muffler, stainless.

I have flowmasters 50 series 3.00 dual in 2.5 dual out, But I was wondering if anybody has a part # for those new super 40 series. I am really considering in getting those, They say that they will produce more horsepower than the old 40's. The sound clip sounds good. I soon as i get the part # i will post it or If anybody else has it please post it for me.

Thanks

:thumbs:

Bigvette,

I kept the stock setup on my truck and just changed the muffler. I went with Ravin mufflers. They have a really good sound and they make a dual inlet dual outlet muffler for our trucks. I paid around $100 and I got it through my local exhaust shop. Its a mean sounding muffler and it does have some cab noise but from the outside you will turn heads. Hope this helps. Here is the site www.goravin.com. Josh

I had a stainless Magnaflow installed on my truck. The magnaflow sounds wicked!!!! It's dual in/dual out. The shop you get it done at will probably have to fabricate some pipes to make any of these mufflers work. The stock outlets are offset, one is higher than the other. It took the local shop here around two hours to take my stock out and weld the Magnflow in. Good Luck!

I have the flowmaster Super 40's

Jegs has them Here are the ones I have

-Matt

Does that mean that you replaced the single factory muffler with two Super 40's ??

Yes, along with a X-pipe. They do not make dual inlet Super 40's

-Matt

How does the super 40's work for you? I have 50's dual in dual out, wondering if they are going to be any louder or if is going to be about the same. Also can anybody give me a part # for that x pipe please.

For those of you running dual mufflers, how much did the extra weight factor into your decision? I've been researching exhaust systems for my C3, and I figured a single dual in/dual out muffler would be a few pounds lighter than two... although this is pretty much a moot point with a 5000+ pound truck.. :) Thanks for any input.. I sure wish flowmaster had a 40 series dual in/dual out available...

Archived