Exhaust Question

Just get the magna flow. The 22" one is just a little bit louder than stock, has the x-pipe inside it. Why bother with all the extra parts and $$$ I paid 139 for a stainless muffler and 50$ for a stick of stainless tubing. unless the muffler shop is really good, duals look ghetto.

thanks for the replies so far guys. evandostert: I hadn't even brought up the extra $ for two instead of one.. another good point. Three questions for you....

1. Do you have a part number or a link to the Magnaflow you got?

2. Also, is the interior resonance as bad as I've heard with the Magnaflow compared to say, Flowmaster?

3. Your muffler has the X pipe inside it? Never heard of that, but I assume it get's the job done the same as if you had it in the normal location?

How does the super 40's work for you? I have 50's dual in dual out, wondering if they are going to be any louder or if is going to be about the same. Also can anybody give me a part # for that x pipe please.

I really like them. I think they will be louder and deeper than the 50 series.

Here is the X-Pipe I have. Husker High Performance it is a magnaflow 3" with a 4.5" core.

Weight was not a big factor for me, I just wanted it to sound good.

-Matt

magnaflow the last one on the right. The duals have a built in x pipe. The sound is less than the flowmaster. Want louder than get the smaller magnaflow muffler. Still louder than stock. The cheap and clean way. Most dual setups look like junk installed. More welds. More parts. More crap to try to line up. Unless the muffler shop knows his stuff it wil turn into a mess.

Just get the magna flow. The 22" one is just a little bit louder than stock, has the x-pipe inside it. Why bother with all the extra parts and $$$ I paid 139 for a stainless muffler and 50$ for a stick of stainless tubing. unless the muffler shop is really good, duals look ghetto.

how is the interior resonance with the magna flow

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen comments that the stock setup is really dual in single out and I was wondering is that done with the muffler or is one of the pipes out of the muffler blocked off? Sorry for the stupid question.

• 1 month later...

Archived