Weekend Project

So I decided to take Saturday and knock out painting my calipers after I had been reading about it on here. Last week I had 2 new Nittos 420's installed on the front rims. We got the first rim off fine and got the truck jacked up etc.

After finishing the 1st rim, we attempt the 2nd rim (passenger side front). Well turns out the idiots who put my tires on absolutely cranked down the locking lugs and stripped them leaving me unable to get them off !!! Man was I pissed. So after a phone call to the place and a drive over there to get it taken off I was back to work. All in all, it took a little longer than I wanted, but I am happy with the outcome.

Materials Used: Sandpaper (light grit) just to rough up the surface, Brake kleen, Caliper Paint (Red) Can be bought at any auto parts store, Clear Coat and SS decals if you so choose.

On to the pics.

The caliper before

DSC03813.jpg

After sanding / brake kleen

DSC03814.jpg

First Coat of Caliper Paint

DSC03816.jpg

After Caliper Paint w/ Decals Before Clear Coat

DSC03818.jpg

DSC03819.jpg

DSC03820.jpg

DSC03821.jpg

DSC03822.jpg

DSC03823.jpg

2nd Rim

DSC03831.jpg

DSC03832.jpg

Full Shots

DSC03830.jpg

DSC03829.jpg

DSC03828.jpg

DSC03827.jpg

ENJOY !

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask, I just wrote this up real quick and will try and get a how to together later.

***Thanks to my old man for all the help on the weekend project****

im doin mine friday with the decals that jon made :thumbs: but mine are gonna be red calipers with BLACK silverado ss and im only using the decals for a stencil. im gonna paint the calipers black around the sticker spot, put the decals on. spray it red, pull off the decals and then clear....

LOOKS BADASS!! :cheers:

looks good why didnt you remove the calipers and pads though

:withstupid:

Next time just pull your caliper off, remove the pads, and lay your caliper on top of your rotor.. and spray away !

Still looks good though