Racing An Srt 10

PastorJon

most of the scsb srt-10's have bad drivers. at least from my experience.

i say just race him from a stop now and hit the brake at 60 before he can pass you if you want to save a couple bucks. lol

or you can dig deep in your pockets and make your truck fast enough to take down the supercharged srt-10's.

Dig really deep if you want to beat a supercharged srt-10 like the Supertank. Chase you remember Mike right? Here is a video if his supercharged SRT-10 QC.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dig really deep if you want to beat a supercharged srt-10 like the Supertank. Chase you remember Mike right? Here is a video if his supercharged SRT-10 QC.

yeah mike was a great guy and sold his truck for way cheap . but for over 100k invested i can get an ss to go alot faster and plan to prove it.

but here is another video of a supercharged srt-10 regular cab .

its about the driver, a sss awd will take an srt out the hole everytime i have 1000 dollars in modds and i run a 13.4 but i also know how to drive and can pull a 1.8 60 ft time srt 10 dont stand a chance unless they have tires then i have trouble

its about the driver, a sss awd will take an srt out the hole everytime i have 1000 dollars in modds and i run a 13.4 but i also know how to drive and can pull a 1.8 60 ft time srt 10 dont stand a chance unless they have tires then i have trouble
Exactly, its all about the driver.

There is a guy(Trainman) on the SRT-10 forum that is doing 12.0 with 1.65 60ft with just bolt-ons. He has lt headers, true dual x-pipe exhaust, ported intake manifold, BBK 67mm tb, 170 therm, under-drive pulley and a custom tune. His is a RC with QA1 shocks, Caltracs and DR's.

most of the scsb srt-10's have bad drivers. at least from my experience.

i say just race him from a stop now and hit the brake at 60 before he can pass you if you want to save a couple bucks. lol

or you can dig deep in your pockets and make your truck fast enough to take down the supercharged srt-10's.

I think I like that idea..LOL that would buy me some time to get the Radix and then offer him a rematch.....Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll just stomp it on take off...

If he asks why you let off so early, you can tell him "hell even Top Fuel only runs a 1000' now". :D

The thing I find odd is that YOUR mods on your truck should be a good match for an SRT10, the guys posting these "kills" have trucks that I don't see how they are in your league...??? I would think either you or an SRT10 would be able to walk past these guys from the mods they claim to have, especially if the two trucks got a fairly "side by side" launch...???

:confused:

im not tryin to start shit but do you even have a silverado ss, your name says mopar your sig shows nothing and you question alot!?! there is no question there are some on here that dont know there ass from there elbow and there are some who strait out lie about what they have and what they ve done im neither!!! srt-10s are quick trucks a stock sss doesnt stand a chance in the quarter mile but they do off the line to about the 330 mark (awd with a cai or a tune not anything more), i will beat any stock srt 10, i dont give a crap whos driving it, but the fact is most people who (not all) own an srt-10 cant drive them period. they all brag i have a viper motor, well i dont care i can drive in the rain and snow....lol

its all in good fun i just really dont like srt-10 and i really really dont like mustangs, they are what i like to call me too cars........"you have a mustang,.....o ME TOO"....every car guy has a select few they dont like and mine happen to be mustangs and dodge pick up trucks,

Edited by silverdream (see edit history)

im not tryin to start shit but do you even have a silverado ss, your name says mopar your sig shows nothing and you question alot!?! there is no question there are some on here that dont know there ass from there elbow and there are some who strait out lie about what they have and what they ve done im neither!!! srt-10s are quick trucks a stock sss doesnt stand a chance in the quarter mile but they do off the line to about the 330 mark (awd with a cai or a tune not anything more), i will beat any stock srt 10, i dont give a crap whos driving it, but the fact is most people who (not all) own an srt-10 cant drive them period. they all brag i have a viper motor, well i dont care i can drive in the rain and snow....lol

its all in good fun i just really dont like srt-10 and i really really dont like mustangs, they are what i like to call me too cars........"you have a mustang,.....o ME TOO"....every car guy has a select few they dont like and mine happen to be mustangs and dodge pick up trucks,

I don't even own a PICKUP TRUCK anymore.

:lol:

What does that have to do with anything, I sure don't know!

Driving a Quad Cab SRT10 doesn't take a genius to figure things out, launch the truck as best as possible and floor the gas pedal. Not tooooo much skill involved IMO.

Driving a regular cab SRT10 is a different story, but the guys who have it down pat can run pretty quick times with a dead stock SRT10. It's pretty easy to get a rookie to drop the clutch and go up in smoke in a regular cab SRT10 too, but these other guys are posting they come out of the hole about the same.

YOUR truck with YOUR mods I can see running with a decently driven SRT10, but stock-ish trucks with mufflers and CAIs I have to doubt. It just doesn't make sense, to me at least.

wanna end this before it gets real ugly so i'm gonna switch topics...crazymoparguy how do those srt-10 do from a 30 roll? still spinning or enough tire movement to keep from spinning? just curious most the guys from around here only do rolls and i think its lame but if you can find some even ground to play on them it would be a nice race and really come down to the driver. imo

wanna end this before it gets real ugly so i'm gonna switch topics...crazymoparguy how do those srt-10 do from a 30 roll? still spinning or enough tire movement to keep from spinning? just curious most the guys from around here only do rolls and i think its lame but if you can find some even ground to play on them it would be a nice race and really come down to the driver. imo

The BIG problem for the regular cab SRT10s are the launch and the 1-2 shift.

Both the regular cab and the Quad Cab SRT10s would be at a great advantage if allowed to run from a 30mph roll.... that's the territory a Chevy SSS is best at. LAUNCH!

Take away the performance advantage of AWD, or minimize it, and it's in the SRT10's advantage for sure, IMO.

An SRT10 could break loose from 30mph, especially depending on the surface that's being raced on.

I can't see how you guys are keeping up with these mid 13 second vehicles with very few mods. Up to 50 or 60 even...?!?!?! Weird.

Im not saying i can beat an srt-10. I had my chance with one and that was the outcome wether if he was modded or not which didnt seem to be.

YOUR truck with YOUR mods I can see running with a decently driven SRT10, but stock-ish trucks with mufflers and CAIs I have to doubt. It just doesn't make sense, to me at least.

agreed