Pics Of Pulling Trans

My buddy came over to help with my trans and here are the pics he took "helping" me. Trans is at FLT right now getting looked at, i'm waiting for them to call me with the damage report. The plan is fix, upgrade to level 5 and billet input and output shafts.

n644981369_2041960_2457178.jpg

n644981369_2041961_7035498.jpg

n644981369_2041962_6618462.jpg

n644981369_2041963_1232244.jpg

n644981369_2041964_1327239.jpg

Nice, I wish i had a lift... How much do those kind run again? 3-5k? or more?

There is a dealer here in Cleburne TX that sells lifts for $1800, and you come pick it up, take it home, and assemble.

Mr. P.

There is a dealer here in Cleburne TX that sells lifts for $1800, and you come pick it up, take it home, and assemble.

Mr. P.

I think this lift came out of texas, but i'd have to ask my dad to be sure. This one ran around 2000 shipped to my shop(need a loading dock and forklift to get it off the truck). As you can see it's the drive on type but it is not bolted to the floor and even has casters so you can move it around, but the casters work in a way that the beams are on the ground all the time, and the casters are only on the ground when you want to move it.

Uhhhg A tranny swap.

So you gonna send in the converter for a flush / rebuild?

the converter only has about 1000 miles on it so i was hoping not to. I pulled the pan before i shipped it and the oil was clean, didn't smell burnt, and had no pieces in it. It also still worked great, before i pulled it i laid 4 rubber patches in first gear( i had to get my fix after 3 months of not driving it). But it'll tell you what, getting it to my dads house on the highway with no 4th gear and 28" tall tires sucked. The transfer case is another story, this is the second time i drained that in about 1000 miles and the oil looked like metalic paint both times. I also found the flywheel holes for the converter looked to be a little oval so i'm doing research right now trying to find a lightweight one since my hp is not off the charts

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

I'll have to dig up my pic of dropping the trans, my dad with a torch and a shower of sparks :)

came out real quick after that.

Do you have to cut open a converter to clean it?? I saw a tool on craigslist that was to wash/ clean converters once...maybe something a local trans shop has and could do for you and a a little piece of mind.

I'll have to dig up my pic of dropping the trans, my dad with a torch and a shower of sparks :)

came out real quick after that.

Do you have to cut open a converter to clean it?? I saw a tool on craigslist that was to wash/ clean converters once...maybe something a local trans shop has and could do for you and a a little piece of mind.

yes they do... the converter is opened up and its internals are inspected/cleaned and or RR