Pics Of Pulling Trans

What rims do you have on your truck? Looked like a good time.

it really wasn't bad at all, good time spent with my dad and a friend. The rims are centerline stingray i think. I had them powder coated gloss black because i hated polishing them all the time.

in case anyone every is looking into this here is what i have found on flexplate weight:

meziere = 6.95 pounds

TCI = 8.2 pounds

hughes = about 5.4 pounds, he did not have the actual weight but said the 350 sbc is the same weight

speed inc. = 7.0 pounds

stock weight is 4.8 pounds

edited for correct weights on hughes and TCI, others are per manufacturer

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Good info.

Had no idea the Speed inc. one was so heavy. Must be a beast. So all of the readily available aftermarket FPs are heavier than stock?

I went from a 10.5" converter to a 9.5" converter. I should have weighed both of them for a comparo. I'll bet I am net zero for the added weight of the TCI FP for rotating mass.

i emailed speed inc. and TCI again to make sure they have the weights right. TCI evens says theirs is lightweight, but not compared to the stock one. And yes as far as i can find all aftermarket one are heavier. I've even thought about machining my own with a good grade aluminum or other lighter weight metals but i don't want be in the truck if the thing lets loose....

• 1 year later...

in case anyone every is looking into this here is what i have found on flexplate weight:

meziere = 6.95 pounds

TCI = 9.5 pounds

hughes = about 6.7 pounds, he did not have the actual weight but said the 350 sbc is the same weight

speed inc. = 7.0 pounds

stock weight is 4.8 pounds

edit for weights:

TCI is 8.2 pounds

hughes is 5.4 pounds

The hughes flexplate is very much like stock. The TCI is much more HD.