Your Personal Little Mods!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Personal little mods are: Ported and Polished throttle body, all LED interior lights, ez down tailgate helper, electric tailgate lock wired into the door locks, SS Silverado floor mats, Painted the bowtie on the steering wheel arrival blue and my favorite BAD@SS plate!

Edited by Barney (see edit history)

My favorite personal mods are:

1) black-out yellow turn signal lenses in headlights ($30)

2) chrome bowtie $30

3) relocate/hide FM antenna ($16)

4) Painted tailights (redone by sprayed99!)

5) Radar detector hard-mount ($0)

6) "SSPEDN" personalized plates

7) HPM custom EFANS

8) HPM Tru-Cool Max mount kit

9) custom behind-PCM bracket, MSD Boost-A-Pump positioned/mounted hidden between PCM and inner fender

10) HID ballast mount brackets

11) under-dash jack & custom interface cable to run wideband into EFILive

I have many more mods, but these ones I have listed because I did/created them myself.

...more to come I promise :D

Want/need to do -

* Laptop mount in-cab

* change out under-dash instrumentation interface to use RJ45 & ethernet cable, to monitor many more items besides wideband

* control/relay circuit to interrupt ignition in event of fuel pressure loss (fuel pressure safety switch)

* dual-Walbro conversion, & control circuit

* spray the cosmoline (wax) off frame :mad: and paint with black ceramic spray paint

* custom FG sub enclosure

* custom battery relocation/mount

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Catdaddy,

I wish I could give you the part numbers I actually ordered the LEDs of a few different Ebay sites. I wanted to drop my electrical draw. LED's IMO left more power for cold start ups (not sure if it does but I thought so).

I got the POPLOCK tailgate lock. Picked it up a the local truck shop and ran the wiring up into the doorpanel so it unlocks off the remote or doorswitch. http://popandlock.net/index.php

The same product is sold under the Pace Edwards badging also.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Barney (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

That's no BS, three weeks ago I was pulled over by a Texas State Trooper for tint AND front license plate missing. In Texas these are probable cause infractions which means that sucks. I was 6% under on tint (and damned if I see tint that is darker everywhere I look). He was probably pi$$ed that I wasn't speeding!

Freaking nice plate bracket.

... I was 6% under on tint (and damned if I see tint that is darker everywhere I look)...

This happens a lot - most people do not realize the front side windows are already tinted a little bit from the factory, and when you add 20% tint film thinking you are legal the combination of tint film on already slightly tinted windows makes it come out around 13% instead of the 20% (legal) you were intending. My windows are like that too.

Mr. P.

my smallest personal mod would have to be my hidden ground switch to quickly kill the dvd playback in case a cop wants to be a douche. the last time i got pulled over, the officer actually said something about the dvd being withing the view of the driver, even though the only thing on the screen was the navigation.

DSC01248.jpg

my smallest personal mod would have to be my hidden ground switch to quickly kill the dvd playback in case a cop wants to be a douche. the last time i got pulled over, the officer actually said something about the dvd being withing the view of the driver, even though the only thing on the screen was the navigation.

DSC01248.jpg

How did you wire this button? I have thought about trying to do something like this. Thanks

-Evan

My favorite personal mods are:

1) black-out yellow turn signal lenses in headlights ($30)

2) chrome bowtie $30

3) relocate/hide FM antenna ($16)

4) Painted tailights (redone by sprayed99!)

5) Radar detector hard-mount ($0)

6) "SSPEDN" personalized plates

7) HPM custom EFANS

8) HPM Tru-Cool Max mount kit

9) custom behind-PCM bracket, MSD Boost-A-Pump positioned/mounted hidden between PCM and inner fender

10) HID ballast mount brackets

11) under-dash jack & custom interface cable to run wideband into EFILive

I have many more mods, but these ones I have listed because I did/created them myself.

...more to come I promise :D

Want/need to do -

* Laptop mount in-cab

* change out under-dash instrumentation interface to use RJ45 & ethernet cable, to monitor many more items besides wideband

* control/relay circuit to interrupt ignition in event of fuel pressure loss (fuel pressure safety switch)

* dual-Walbro conversion, & control circuit

* spray the cosmoline (wax) off frame :mad: and paint with black ceramic spray paint

* custom FG sub enclosure

* custom battery relocation/mount

Mr. P. :)

Steve, have you started selling these yet?