Whining After Install

So I recently installed a new HU in my truck and low and behold there's an awful whining coming in through the speakers. It get's drowned out when I turn the volume up but it still annoys the hell the out me.

Anyone know where the best place is to ground the stereo to is? I really want to avoid doing this a whole bunch of times. Thanks.

So I recently installed a new HU in my truck and low and behold there's an awful whining coming in through the speakers. It get's drowned out when I turn the volume up but it still annoys the hell the out me.

Anyone know where the best place is to ground the stereo to is? I really want to avoid doing this a whole bunch of times. Thanks.

Where did you ground it now? Also make sure that you remove the paint from where you are grounding the unit as that could affect things also.

I am also suffering from this problem it is driving me crazy!!! i think i am going to splice into the factory ground wire fromm the harness because the local stereo shop told me that it could be caused by ground loop interference basically two different grounds and one of them not working as well as the other or something along those lines. So this weekend i will try re-grounding the HU.

Fast4pooper how much are the peripherals and where can i get one?

on the factory harness going into the bose radio, now that u have another radio, there are 2 black wires, one is solid black and the other black with white stripe. the solid black is a good ground but u can always ground it directly to the chasis. that should stop the whine

do you have a complete system or just the HU? if so it may not be a grounding problem. many times the whining (which usually varies with engine speed) is due to running your antenna (blue wire i think) to the amp and RCAs too close together... may be something to check. just a thought...

this is what a tech told me. the proper place to ground a head unit is at the same place you ground your amp. they should use the same ground. so i said to the guy you mean run a ground wire from the head unit to the back of the truck to the seat bolt. he says yes thats the way it should be done professionally. i said i never heard of that. he says i am a professional installer and tech. trust me. i said ok. but never tried it lol. sounds like a pita to install a head unit