Riken Sport Hids - Rikensport

I've been reading about HID kits on here for 2 days now and i think I'm ready to buy. Has anyone had any problems with the riken sport HID kits? I found them on EBay today for $119. i think ill get them as soon as i get some positive feedback. thanks.

what do you mean "hard-wired?" the kit i have has the ballast with two leads, one for power, and one for the harness for lamps. The O.E. connector plugs directly into the ballast. mine are cheap ballasts, they will both work upon 1st start in the morning, but if I shut the truck off, one decided to not work until I manually turn them on/off a couple times, really annoying!!

what do you mean "hard-wired?" the kit i have has the ballast with two leads, one for power, and one for the harness for lamps. The O.E. connector plugs directly into the ballast. mine are cheap ballasts, they will both work upon 1st start in the morning, but if I shut the truck off, one decided to not work until I manually turn them on/off a couple times, really annoying!!

Where the power wire is directly hooked up to the battery.

I have had No Problems with my Rikensport 996 HID's ... I bought them from Art on this site, aka... WICKEDOWESIX, ... formally known as 12'sRock.

Decent price, great quality. Plus an unbelievable Warranty. ... Have had for over a year now, with no issues.

You can buy cheaper kits, but one that has a great warranty, with people who will stand behind their product is paramount. I have had a cheaper kit before .. It is still out of service, due to a Broken Bulb, that the supplier has failed to fix.

My install Pics - Linky ....

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

welll i got antsy and bought the DDM's....if i have any problems with them, im sending them back and getting the rikensports. thanks for the feedback, ill let you guys know how they work out.

hey stitches, did you end up flipping the ballasts around like someone suggested?

Edited by JaySS (see edit history)

hey stitches, did you end up flipping the ballasts around like someone suggested?

Nope ... I just kept them the way there are ... No drama ...

I have on order a set of 8K for my Highs ... and will do the 4 High Conversion ... I will tuck these in behind the DRL/Turn buckets and keep it neat as a pin.

Where the power wire is directly hooked up to the battery.
X2 on that. Running a relay harness as SS Silv said will not tax the electrical system as bad and will help your kit last longer. You do get what you pay for but I've had both good and bad luck with cheap and nicer kits. Really its just the luck of the draw from what I've experienced.