Paint Progress Pics

Yea but that would be the cats ass! Looking good man! Are you painting the N2O bottles?

i was going to paint them, but there is just something SEXY about them blue bottles! so as for now, no paint. Nitrous should be blue, do you agree??

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on the nitrous bottles stayin blue, truck looks bad ass man.Just my 2 cents, make sure you use some beefey/good brand door poppers on those shaved doors, cause theres nothing worse than a stuck solenoid on a door w/ shaved handeles.

I agree on the nitrous bottles stayin blue, truck looks bad ass man.Just my 2 cents, make sure you use some beefey/good brand door poppers on those shaved doors, cause theres nothing worse than a stuck solenoid on a door w/ shaved handeles.

no worries there! 50lb Autoloc seloniods as well as window roll down on the remote, and just as a back up i have a 3rd battery totally isolated by a circuit breaker, from the truck that will be just used in case the other 2 under the hood do decide to crap out. also i have a hidden button that will pop the doors should i ever lose a remote or the programming goes out. (and just in case someone asks, the button hidden will not pop the door if the doors are locked)

sometimes my wiring mind amazes even myself!

no worries there! 50lb Autoloc seloniods as well as window roll down on the remote, and just as a back up i have a 3rd battery totally isolated by a circuit breaker, from the truck that will be just used in case the other 2 under the hood do decide to crap out. also i have a hidden button that will pop the doors should i ever lose a remote or the programming goes out. (and just in case someone asks, the button hidden will not pop the door if the doors are locked)

sometimes my wiring mind amazes even myself!

just an fyi lets just say your your 3rd batt goes out then what... and you got no power and cant get in..... i learned this from a 1995 silverado i had years back..... jack up the front pass side and have some jumper cables hook up to another car or truck doesnt need to be running . pos to the stater and ground the black to the frame and it will give you power to pop open the doors.. btw if your under the truck take your remote with you or have a buddy hit the button when cables come in contact.. fyi... make sure there is not a person or car or truck next to your driver door. might get hit from the door

just an fyi lets just say your your 3rd batt goes out then what... and you got no power and cant get in..... i learned this from a 1995 silverado i had years back..... jack up the front pass side and have some jumper cables hook up to another car or truck doesnt need to be running . pos to the stater and ground the black to the frame and it will give you power to pop open the doors.. btw if your under the truck take your remote with you or have a buddy hit the button when cables come in contact.. fyi... make sure there is not a person or car or truck next to your driver door. might get hit from the door

not sure if you know my background? been professionally installing for 18+ years. I have a power point under the truck that it is constantly plugged in to condition the batteries when it sits for extended amounts of time. similar to the ones used for plows on trucks. no worries bout gettin into my truck. i also fabbed up a plug that has jumper cable ends so i can jump other vehicles as well as myself if needed.

as for the 3rd battery, it will NEVER be connected to the truck unless it has to be used to jump myself should i get stranded. I will condition and charge it monthly to assure this. think of it as having a battery in the bed of your truck just incase. except mine will be burried where the spare tire was, and it will just take a manual marine grade circuit breaker switch to make it connect to the truck and give me power to get in.

thanks for the concerns!

looks good so far, are you doing all this in your garage?

no its at a shop. the owner lets us work after hours on it, and i get to help. i can say i am having fun with it, but i wouldnt wanna do it for a living... welp off to work on it right now

i was going to paint them, but there is just something SEXY about them blue bottles! so as for now, no paint. Nitrous should be blue, do you agree??

I do like the blue bottles you have there. I really have no preference on bottle color really...its what is on the inside that matters. :wub::crackup:

I have seen some wild painted bottles before :eek:

some pics of todays progress. it was a tough decision, and i am glad i did it. there will be a sheet of lexan smoothed in there and cleared over and wetsanded as a single piece. the hole is bigger than i imagined, but i like it. you can for sure see more of the motor than i expected and thats the point i wanted to get across. the Corvette ZR1 was the inspiration for the whole ordeal...

so what you all think? also there is a pic of the center console lid i had covered in suede and factory leather... enjoy

some pics of todays progress. it was a tough decision, and i am glad i did it. there will be a sheet of lexan smoothed in there and cleared over and wetsanded as a single piece. the hole is bigger than i imagined, but i like it. you can for sure see more of the motor than i expected and thats the point i wanted to get across. the Corvette ZR1 was the inspiration for the whole ordeal...

so what you all think? also there is a pic of the center console lid i had covered in suede and factory leather... enjoy

post-5722-1238636601_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1238636623_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1238636635_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1238636647_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1238636659_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1238636678_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1238636763_thumb.jpg