Insurance

04CHASE

im changing my insurance policy soon and state farm isnt helping out with me wanting to declare a value on my truck with all of the mods. they pretty much said they will cover them but i have to provide a receipt for everything , which i do have but they also said it wouldnt be full value . to me that is too much grey area . I need something i can give a stated amount and pay the premium for it to be covered.

insurance places, are just like any other place, they dont care if its stock or you got 100$ under the hood, they will only value your truck for what its 'worth', :icon_bs: maybe find another insurance agent, cuz id sure hate to see that baby in a badd situaton :chevy:

I was also thinking about doing this but my insurance company (AAA) told me if my engine was "heavily" modded they could possible drop me. I had the same problems when trying to get motorcycle insurance. Back when I had my modded R6 AAA wouldn't insure it claiming it was a race bike :wtf: But they would insure a cruiser or Harley no prob.

Insurance companys are really wierd like that.

I do know keeping reciepts for everything is key. If they do cover all your mods your payment will likely go through the roof since you probably at least doubled the stated value of the vehicle with all your mods...and with all the grey area you were talking about earlier I would make sure.

Edited by W2W402 (see edit history)

Chase u might wanna ask Dave about his insurance plan, i remember him saying he got one to cover all of his mods and work on the truck. he also said it was a full custom plan so idk if u are trying to go that route i imagine it can get pricey. also hit up Mark(2004Denali) i think he was loong into getting one before his house burnt down but he might be able to offer some help and advice.

-Rob

Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)

AANPAC is who I have covering my truck, tell them you are interested in a "CHROME policy", and in California they will be able to offer you an "agreed value" insurance policy, where you and they agree on what your truck is worth and the rate you will pay. The only time you would not be covered is in the staging lanes and on the drag strip itself, if someone crosses the line and takes you out you will not be covered, you will have to find a special "drag racing event" policy for that or go without.

Mr. P. :)