Tire pressure

whmayhew

Thanks Richard. I thought that last year that it came from the factory at 40. I dropped it to 36 last year. After I rotated the tires today I looked at the door jamb and it said 30 which seems a little low. I had already put 40 in. Now I'll go let some out. :P

I've ran 30# all along. With the roads around here, much more and it ride's like a two-horse wagon. When I rotated the tires, the wear pattern looked extremely even. The best I've seen as a matter of fact(?) :wtf:

I run 30 and the wear pattern is perfect. Took it in for an oil change and some bozo ran them up to 35, the ride was much worse, got it home and went back to 30. Anyone that doesn't follow the mfg. recommended pressure if just asking for excellerated tire wear and improper heat cycling. IMHO.

I run between 36 and 38 all around. I like the tight cornering and "feel" from the stiffer tires. Over 11,000 miles with even tire wear. ;)

30psi is way too low for me - feels sloppy - all over the place in corners. :nonod:

I think there have been a couple other threads on this topic... :wtf:

FWIW, underinflation causes increased tire temperatures and wear (accelerated tire failure). Overinflation only causes uneven wear patterns (and tire rupture if you exceed the maximum rated pressure of the tire).

Just yesterday I went via PA turnpike to philly. I had a appointment with Bryan from PCMFORLESS to custom tune my truck: (OUTSTANDING JOB!)

I just happened to have 32psi in my tires...........this will be the last time!

Truck still handled fair, but I'm used to the better cornering and firmness that 35psi brings. Believe me brothers and sisters, with an average speed of 85mph on a highway with lots of curves, 35psi is a must!........................SAVAGE :flag::thumbs:

Archived