New Combo Opinion?

Do you think this combo will be worth the effort or see below?

2006 Denali LQ9 AWD

317's milled .40 ported and polished. I have these from previous build but need new springs and valves.

Comp XR275HR 222/224 .566 .568 112. I have from previous build new in box.

AEM Intake Have now

(2) Borla XR-1 3"in out Have now

PI 2800 Vig 10.5 Triple Disc. Need to buy?

ARH 1 3/4 or 1 7/8? I bought the 1 7/8 but I may swap for 1 3/4.

Or wait when money permits,

LFE GT2-3 and run n/a until FI purchase.

TVS1900

Stock 317's with springs

Keep in mind trans is stock with the exception of servos.

My goals are solid 12's with forced induction or solid 13's with N/A, would gains from FI be worth the money spent vs. the parts I have in hand?

Rob __________________

Edited by nolarob (see edit history)

If your going to FI in a little while, I would try to sell the N/A parts you have. Why build it twice. Maybe take the money from selling your n/a parts and stick it in a tranny. Just my opinion..... On the other hand put the parts in that you have and save your money. you are the only one who can make that decision. Decide what you wan't, and ride it out. Are you going to be happy with 13's or do you really want the low 12's?????

Edited by SS Muscle Truck (see edit history)

I say put on what you have. So many put off building their truck for future plans and never end up doing what they wanted anyway so they drive the truck for a year or two slower than it could be with parts they already have. Do the cam and heads with a good converter. It'll be lots of fun.

Do you guys think N/A setup that I listed will run solid 13's?

I say put on what you have. So many put off building their truck for future plans and never end up doing what they wanted anyway so they drive the truck for a year or two slower than it could be with parts they already have. Do the cam and heads with a good converter. It'll be lots of fun.

Zippy,

I may be switching my order to 1 3/4, do you think the 1 7/8 would be too big on n/a 6.0?

Rob

Nope, dyno'd them both at work. Go with the 1 7/8". I doubt you'll see any torque difference and it will make more hp with the bigger headers.

Ok, I talked to Nick today and I'm gonna stay with 1 7/8 but I thinking I may not put 317's on and look for maybe AFR's or TF? What do you guys think? My 317 need valve job again and complete valvetrain.

So would the PI 2800 10.5 Triple Disc not be enough for my cam?

The highest they can make the 10.5" stall to is around 3000 and I'm not sure they can even make it stall that high behind a 6.0L. With that cam a 2800 will be enough, but if you haven't bought it yet I'd ask for a 3000. If you got a set of TFS or Dart 225's you'd be way ahead and making alot more torque to go with the hp. If you can scrape up the dough I say do it for sure. It will run hard if tuned in right.