Dangerous Driving By A Firefighter

RockHead

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not gonna get started, I have seen that before and could write a book about the poor driving of that chauffer.....totally not necessary for a BS car fire. That completely goes against all EVOC training.

:mad::freak::nono:

If you are a first responder and are reading this,

DRIVE WITH DUE REGARD!!!!!!

If you don't know what that means, then you should be back in an EVOC training program.

:rant:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

With all that traffic what would have been the correct way to get there? I have seen this happen a lot in Phoenix and assumed they could do what ever it took to get to the scene. Even going against traffic. Please explain.

wow. Did you see some of the comments..

Anyone who said he did nothing wrong is blind.....

With all that traffic what would have been the correct way to get there? I have seen this happen a lot in Phoenix and assumed they could do what ever it took to get to the scene. Even going against traffic. Please explain.

Yes do what you can to get to the scene quickly and safely, but if you are endangering other motorists, sooner or later it is gonna catch up with you. Using the center median was fine, but his speed was way too fast for the traffic conditions. If someone were to pull out in front of him, he wouldn't be able to stop. Also, passing traffic at a red stop light on the wrong side of the road was okay, but to attack oncoming traffic waiting at that light head on was a nono, get back to the median. Going head on like that scares the hell out of people and gives them no where to go. Last, the severity of the situation comes into play...yes it was a car fire, but there was already fire apparatus on the scene, no need for the reckless driving....getting there 10 seconds sooner isn't gonna make that much difference. Sometimes first responders get tunnel vision and throw caution to the wind. We as first responders are coming to help people in need, if we get hurt or killed responding in a reckless and unsafe manner, then what is the sense of responding at all?

BTW, if anyone is curious and doesn't know, driving with due regard means responding quickly but safely and effectively, and being consious of your surroundings and cautious around other motorists.

Yeah that was crazy how he jumped the curb like that. Out here in L.A. it's funny the fire trucks just sit in the traffic with everyone else and stay patient. I'd expect to see something like that here lol....

That was honestly the worst engineering I have ever seen. Going to a vehicle fire and being 2nd due at that.... WHY ARE YOU USING THOSE TACTICS ON A VEHICLE ACCIDENT. Do they really need a supply engine that bad? No , and there is no reason for that driver to be endangering those drivers like that. Would you rather take the chance of causing deaths en route oposed to arriving 3 mins later with that awful weather. Terrible...

thats nuts. looks like volunteers by me in their own vehicles with the blue lights. now dan and mark know why i hate the volunteer firefighters by me. they think they are god on the road with their blue lights. on a side note....that driving is fine if its my ss or house on fire lol

I love armchair quarterbacks....

Quarterbacks this is no Game Here , I do not know what you are thinking BUT ........... It is a Car Fire No big Deal . No one Should Drive like that at all . I do not Stand that kind of Driving on MY RIG !!! I will have the Driver STOP and pull the F over . Fire Trucks Have to go with the Law Stop at the Red Light and then go in a SAFE way . THAT goes for House Fires !!!!! There are alot of cases out there with fire trucks Killing and Hurting People .

YOU NO GOOD TO ME IF YOU ARE IN A ACCENT!!!!! I need you at the fire grounds Safe If you think that is Safe Do not Drive a Rig .

This is not a game , you can not hit reset

:wtf::huh:

The video speaks for itself, like it or not........i'd feel real comfortable with you chauffering my 1st due rig. :uhoh:

Never said a positive word or negitive word, but thanks for making it personal. I did have the upmost respect for you. Not any longer.

Anyone who said he did nothing wrong is blind.....

Yes do what you can to get to the scene quickly and safely, but if you are endangering other motorists, sooner or later it is gonna catch up with you. Using the center median was fine, but his speed was way too fast for the traffic conditions. If someone were to pull out in front of him, he wouldn't be able to stop. Also, passing traffic at a red stop light on the wrong side of the road was okay, but to attack oncoming traffic waiting at that light head on was a nono, get back to the median. Going head on like that scares the hell out of people and gives them no where to go. Last, the severity of the situation comes into play...yes it was a car fire, but there was already fire apparatus on the scene, no need for the reckless driving....getting there 10 seconds sooner isn't gonna make that much difference. Sometimes first responders get tunnel vision and throw caution to the wind. We as first responders are coming to help people in need, if we get hurt or killed responding in a reckless and unsafe manner, then what is the sense of responding at all?

BTW, if anyone is curious and doesn't know, driving with due regard means responding quickly but safely and effectively, and being consious of your surroundings and cautious around other motorists.

Hey thanks for the info. I try my best to get as far over as I can, but I have been put in a situation like that with a big red truck heading right for me and it is not fun. All you can do is find a safe place to pull over.

Quarterbacks this is no Game Here , I do not know what you are thinking BUT ........... It is a Car Fire No big Deal . No one Should Drive like that at all . I do not Stand that kind of Driving on MY RIG !!! I will have the Driver STOP and pull the F over . Fire Trucks Have to go with the Law Stop at the Red Light and then go in a SAFE way . THAT goes for House Fires !!!!! There are alot of cases out there with fire trucks Killing and Hurting People .

YOU NO GOOD TO ME IF YOU ARE IN A ACCENT!!!!! I need you at the fire grounds Safe If you think that is Safe Do not Drive a Rig .

This is not a game , you can not hit reset

I hear ya. Not too long ago we had an ambulance get into a wreck because of poor driving. This resulted in every one in the vehicle being killed including the patient. Sad story.