Amp Power Steps On A Ss

Crewcabsilverado

ok dont shoot me lol. i convering my cc into a ss unfortunatily even with the truck lowerd 2 " all the way around my short wife still needs steps to get in and out of the truck. so im wondering if the amp power step interfer with the the cladding?? plus they should hide pretty good behind the cladding. if anyones got pic it would help. thanks Anthony

Bought them, needs to be modded, hits the cladding, never used them. Never mounted them, just held them up and looked, the steps will hit the cladding durring the opening/closing operation.

thanks for the reply yeah i figer some mods had to be made. yeah was hoping the drop would make it so i wouldnt need them but still do.

thanks for the reply yeah i figer some mods had to be made. yeah was hoping the drop would make it so i wouldnt need them but still do.

More then happy to assist in anyway I can. Didn't want to modify anything, but you can either do the bracket, or since you'll be adding the cladding, maybe cut away the cladding that goes underneath the doors, which I am not sure why it doesn't stop at the rocker panel anyway. Modify that before it's painted just might be your best bet.

Another alternative is to keep a small step stool in the bed of the truck, thats what I use when my mom has to get in and out of the SS(once in a blue moon)........

yeah but we use the truck to much it just me too much of a inconvience.

Edited by crewcabsilverado (see edit history)

123406.jpg

Will this work? You can just roll it up in the cab. :jester:

:withstupid::lol:

how short is short..??

my daughter is only 5'2, and ever since i have had the SS, and my 01 Z71 she has learned to grab the O-SH*T bars and jumps right in :D

BTW- some people :fume: over someone putting running boards, or step bars on a SS..i feel if you need to have them for someone to get in/out safely, then do what you need to do :thumbs:

good luck on it..

:seeya:

Edited by desrtrat (see edit history)

could always lower your truck more..........

yeah thought about that but it is a 4wd plus i still tow with it(camper, car trailer ect) so i really dont want to go lower.

yep... sounds like its time for a 4/6

123406.jpg

Will this work? You can just roll it up in the cab. :jester:

LOL

:withstupid::lol:

how short is short..??

my daughter is only 5'2, and ever since i have had the SS, and my 01 Z71 she has learned to grab the O-SH*T bars and jumps right in :D

BTW- some people :fume: over someone putting running boards, or step bars on a SS..i feel if you need to have them for someone to get in/out safely, then do what you need to do :thumbs:

good luck on it..

:seeya:

well my wife is 4'10" thats the big delima plus my parents and the inlaws ride in my truck alot so they also need the steps to help. going to do a dry run with the bars off this weekend and se how it goes.

lower it some more

well if u decide to not lower it more maybe leave ur current bars on there just get them powdercoated or painted black so they're not so noticable...

also u want to do an SSS conversion on ur crewcab, r u gonna do the cladding or just the front bumper and color matching??? lik firerescue said it wouild hit ur cladding but if u dont already have the cladding and might not have it then yeah not...

-Rob

well if u decide to not lower it more maybe leave ur current bars on there just get them powdercoated or painted black so they're not so noticable...

also u want to do an SSS conversion on ur crewcab, r u gonna do the cladding or just the front bumper and color matching??? lik firerescue said it wouild hit ur cladding but if u dont already have the cladding and might not have it then yeah not...

-Rob

yeah doing a full cladding converison on it. going to be doing a dry run with out the bars or get creative and fab some brackets to make the power steps work thanks for the input.