running boards

blkss03

• Admin
:confused::confused: i was planning to have the colored keyed molded running boards like the sierra C3.. installed, but i heard that the truck is too low to even put such a thing..... is this true??? :sigh::sigh:

My thoughts are, after riding in the SS in september, that the SS is low enough that adding any kind of step up device is sort of pointless. The SS is pretty low as it is, and i think it would detract from the overall sporty appearance. Just my 2cents. :)

:confused::confused: i was planning to have the colored keyed molded running boards like the sierra C3.. installed, but i heard that the truck is too low to even put such a thing..... is this true??? :sigh::sigh:

I also was planning on putting running boards on the SS however I think I will need to evaluate that after seeing the ride hight. The major reason for me to put running boards on the SS is to stop door bangs - I was thinking that if a door opens into it to close that it could hit the running board, not the side of the truck. You know how rude people are!

simply put, a sport truck does not belong having running boards on it. if you can't get into it, don't buy it.

That's a pretty Zippy statment! :eek:

I hate to mention Ford however I believe the Harley comes with running boards - is that a sports truck? Maby not? :crazy:

I think that the SS will be higher than most cars.

H-D F-150s don't have running boards. They have unuseable chrome nerf bars. I have found that the bars are good at deflecting rocks that would otherwise possibly chip the paint.

I think running boards would look like crap on a Silverado SS.

:nono: umm wait a minute...doesnt this site say silveradoss.com, so why are these

F ix

O r

R epair

D aily :smash:

drivers giving us Chevrolet buyers or owners some advise?

H-D F-150s don't have running boards.  They have unuseable chrome nerf bars.  I have found that the bars are good at deflecting rocks that would otherwise possibly chip the paint.

I think running boards would look like crap on a Silverado SS.

:nono: umm wait a minute...doesnt this site say silveradoss.com, so why are these

F ix

O r

R epair

D aily :smash:

drivers giving us Chevrolet buyers or owners some advise?

Well how about this.........

I drive both a 2002 Harley Davidson F-150 and a 2003 Silverado LS.

And I am a Chevy guy, but i'm also a Harley guy hince the HD F-150 (and my two springers).

HD F-150 does NOT have running boards.

The Silverado SS is not "too low" to put running boards on, however if you do so you will be reducing your ground clearance by alot and you may find yourself leaving fiberglass on speed bumps as you drive over them. I had a 92 SCSB Silverado before I got my new one and it was a show truck, it had runnign boards on it. They looked good with it, BUT, IMO they dont look good on the 99-03 trucks. I think you'll find that you are pleased with the looks of the Silverado sans running boards.

If you chose to get them, be sure to check your ground clearance because its going to limit you, and your going to have to be very careful.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Archived