Getting Rid Of Exhaust Carbon?

For a while I've been getting 'Corsa Carbon' on my rear quarter and I can't get it off with normal washing. I have most of the Sonus polishes from the Autopia site but no real experience in dealing with this. Can anyone offer any tips, hints, advice?

Regards,

Dan

corsacarbon.jpg

For a while I've been getting 'Corsa Carbon' on my rear quarter and I can't get it off with normal washing. I have most of the Sonus polishes from the Autopia site but no real experience in dealing with this. Can anyone offer any tips, hints, advice?

Regards,

Dan

corsacarbon.jpg

Maybe a cleaner/polishing compound used with a DA polisher.

As far as the tips, have fun. I just polished mine and they looked just like yours. It took me about 45 minutes to get the tips looking good again. I used mothers mag/aluminum polish and LOADS of elbow grease.

Start with a good washing.

Follow up with a medium to heavy grade claybar.

Attack it with a deep cleaning polish like Adams Revive (on a DA polisher if you have one)

To prevent future problems lay down a coat of a durable synthetic sealant (Optiseal or Rejex)

Finish up with your preferred wax to bring back the shine and a little added protection.

LMK if you have questions.

I would look into the reason why you are getting so much soot....obviously your truck runs very rich......

I was thinking the same thing. I have normal build-up on the tips, but I have never seen anything like that before with my Corsa.