3rd gear lagg

at wot when it shifts into 3rd it laggs until it reaches about 4800 rpms and then it starts to pull hard.it does retard timing some.there is no torque management in the trans left.my boost never drops.the new joe gibbs trucks do the same thing.

thanks

Have you done any logging to see this retard in timing you refer to? Do you know what your IATs are? How much boost are you seeing/what size pulley are you running? Do you have a custom tune, or do you have edit to remove the tq mgt?

i've ran autotap several times,james at rwtd is doing my programing we advanced the timing.i have 6lbs of boost all the time,it never drops at 100mph and up it'll build to 8.5lbs.i have a 3 3/4"pulley.i never thought of the iat.i wonder if i run a camaro iat sensor it would make a difference.he removed all the torque management.kind of blank. :shakehead:

Is the trans stock?

good question. can't be driving around with a non shifting truck. stock you can't even feel the shift, it's just like the rpm's drop. must be continuously veriable.

does sound alot like t/m to me.

I have a corvette servo,custom program for the transmission,the line pressure is turned up maybe a 1/4 turn.the truck shifts firm.the only thing is just as it goes into 3rd gear it retards timing 3 to 6 degrees.first thing i thought it was is tm,butall of it has been removed.

the only thing is just as it goes into 3rd gear it retards timing 3 to 6 degrees.first thing i thought it was is tm,butall of it has been removed.

Well....maybe you're being told that it's all removed, but it doesn't sound like it. Not fam with the name of your tuner, do they have a lot of experience with LS1 edit? Sounds like he's missing one of the tables to me, but I'm no LS1 edit pro.

I have a corvette servo,custom program for the transmission,the line pressure is turned up maybe a 1/4 turn.the truck shifts firm.the only thing is just as it goes into 3rd gear it retards timing 3 to 6 degrees.first thing i thought it was is tm,butall of it has been removed.

Ok, if he removed all the TM you would get no timing drop on any of the shifts. It sounds like the 2-3 shift is the only one where you are seeing the timing drop. It is possible to set up the TM tables that way, but unlikely your tuner would choose to do that. You might consider asking him to read your PCM to check and make sure the tune is OK. Sometimes you can get a bad flash...

You said you logged with ATAP, so I assume you have checked and know that the timing retard is not KR.

Other possibilities: abuse mode, max air, or max torque tables; ABS system

Deezel - I may have to get you to take a look at my current tune. I have a pretty good grasp of the software and what needs to be done (I've had it since the first beta was released a couple years ago), but most of my truck research time is spent on internal engine / power topics, not tuning.

Archived